PDA

View Full Version : ltr spindles???

IRONFLIGHT2
08-15-2011, 07:31 AM
just switched over from an ltr450 to a trx 450...first 2 times i rode the new honda i thought it was the best thing ever...BUT...the 2 times i rode the tracks were smooth as a babys *** ..now i have ridden it on a hammered track and hated the way it handeled the ruff stuff so now im looking for way to make it better and was wondering if anyone has put the ltr spindles on there honda and seen a noticeable difference..i still have all the suzuki components and just would need a few things from walsh so the cost would not be over the top but i really dont want to waste the time if its not worth doing..so if anyone has an honest opinion please let me know.please not just someone that feels they have to say it is great because they just dumped 3gs doing it.lol

Kovatch
08-15-2011, 08:37 AM
LTR set up makes it very agile up front. Although any hammered track will be rough & tough to handle, the LTR geometry will make it a little easier to control. The LTR/TRX is another step up for steering.

big bad beny
08-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Do you need Ltd calipers and rotors?

Kovatch
08-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes, calipers, rotors, & hubs. Have to call JB or Walsh to ask which tie rods to use. I can't remember.

motofreak2772
08-16-2011, 11:34 PM
I'd say do it. Obviously Walsh and JB felt that it was a big enough improvement to invest in manufacturing it for the public. If it wasn't worth it they wouldn't have wasted their time and would have just done a couple for their riders.
Also, you seemed to have notice a difference since switching quads so if you have the money to waste then doing the conversion will only make it more like how it used to be. I'm just saying.. it's not going to get worse.
Those are just some ideas to think about, sorry I don't have any first hand experience with it.