PDA

View Full Version : Stupid People!

Minndave13
08-15-2011, 01:33 AM
I ride in Jones Creek Washington often. I went up there for a ride yesterday (8/13/11) and while unloading, a group (more like a couple of families) with a quad or two were at the staging area right next to me, there were others in the staging area too. While changing and getting ready, here comes a quad going full throttle right through the staging area. I didn't say anything at that point, the quad turned around down the road after it slowed down. When the two guys riding the quad got back to the staging area they were boasting how they got the quad up to 79 miles per hour. I didn't say anything but when I left I gave them a good roost. After I ran the trails I loaded up the quad and was talking to another quader when here the same people on the quad went through the staginig area again at full throttle. This time I spoke up and said that with kids running around and with other obticles that that was pretty stupid. One of their party argued that my roosting them was stupid (I said a was sorry). He also stated I haden't paid for a parking pass and that he "knew" the owner. Stupid guy, I had a parking pass (I just was not showing it) and we were on public, state forest property. I am also part of the local club so I do know all the officials and who does own the property, fact I was wearing a club shirt at the time. Well on my way out I saw some others going into the trails, I warned them but then around the next corner was Mister Sherrif sitting there. I stopped and told him about the situation and off he went. I hope they got a good talking to. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy our sport A LOT! There is plenty of space elsewhere to do stupid stuff with out affecting others! If someone would have crossed their path, very serious damage would have been inflicted. Is it worth someone getting killed, loosing everything you will ever have (if someone was doing something like this and either I or my kids got hurt, I would own everything the other parties ever had and will have). If you want to hurt yourself that is one thing, but to endanger others is another! Why do stupid people want to shut down our sport because they think they have the right to do whatever they want to. Please bring a good name to our sport and don't ruin it for others.

slightlybent47
08-15-2011, 07:29 AM
If you don’t speak up, who will? I have no problem getting involved in something that needs to be done. If you want to act like an idiot and trash my sport and expect me to sit on the sidelines and let it happen, you’re sourly mistaken.

We all have brain farts every now and then and sometimes we need to be set strait.

If you see something that’s endangering others and you don’t speak up, and something bad happens, then how would you feel?

There is a time and place for everything.

If I see you acting a fool all by yourself and it endangers no one else but you then I’ll just watch you f up.
If I see you acting a fool and endangering others, you’ll get one friendly warning, and then the gloves come off.

I would have turned them in too.

smr
08-16-2011, 05:46 AM
At our local riding area (turkey bay..aka LBL) it is a popular place to view eagles in the winter. My self and a buddy was unloading in the parking lot one time and this guy comes through ripping and cutting donuts. Then he nails it, crosses the road and almost hits a bus load of true huggers going to view the eagles. We cought up to him (I was much younger and faster then) and cornered him. We let him know how pissed we was. They guy dropped his head and said he was sorry, he didn't even think about what he was doing. Most parking lot geeks are that way, they really don't realize what they are doing until it is pointed out to them.

good job telling the sherrif what was going on.

trailrider894
08-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Unfortunetly, you aren't any better for roosting them. But atleast you apologized. I always speak up about that kind of stuff. I about got into a fist fight with a guy who roosted a little kid on an MX track after he got mad because the kid was getting in his way.

I took my EX and stopped the guy and gave him a piece of my mind until the park ranger showed up, and then the guy was banned for life from the park. The worst part, was that the kid got hurt and was covered in bruises from the rocks and dirt.

Minndave13
08-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Yea I was wrong for roosting them. There are big rocks in the staging area and one of them could have hit a vehicle or a child. Two wrongs do not make a right. Trouble is it is Idiots like these people that are making all of us look bad. Our club got started because we were trying to control issues like this. I go quading so I can enjoy the great outdoors, not harm it. Once or twice a year, lifeflight has to go up there and haul someone out because of their stupidity. Fact that day there were people riding with no helmets (WA. recently passed a law requiring helmets on all ATV's- what's next seat belts too). If we do not make a good name for our sport there are many that want to shut us down and by having stupid people do things like this, then we are just giving them more ammunition to shoot us down. Our club is suffering the greatest decline in membership it ever has had. Things that were yearly happenings are now being cancelled, our work parties to improve the trails may have only a handfull of volunteers show up to work. Next we know we will not have a club, then what? If we are not up there to keep the trails open the DNR will shut us down then there will be nowhere to go. In Oregon you you have to get a special license to operate a ATV. Will that be next here?

HondaPohl
08-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Nothin you can do. Azzholes are everywhere.

HondaRacing83
08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
***** at them, hope for the best, deal with it