PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking noise

jake"08"400
08-14-2011, 11:18 PM
When I'm out riding and go over ruff ruted out roads there's a squeak coming from the back of my quad. I have an idea it's my rear brake caliper but not sure. Is it possible it's the carrier are would that make a constant squeak? It only does it in really hard riding rough trail conditions. Also just so theres no questions it stays parked in a garage out of the rain and dew. So anybody have an idea where to start looking before I start tearing it apart.

chronicsmoke
08-15-2011, 05:50 AM
what kind of squeak?

CJM
08-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Id flex everything in your garage to be sure before you go tear into it. Both mine and a friends a-arms squeak a bit, nothing major tho.

chronicsmoke
08-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Id flex everything in your garage to be sure before you go tear into it. Both mine and a friends a-arms squeak a bit, nothing major tho.

Yah suspension components are usually the problem. I ususally just shoot some WD40 in to clean it, then some type of lube

tri5ron
08-15-2011, 09:58 AM
With the quad sitting on all four tires, bounce up and down on both the rear grab bar, and then the front bumper.

I'd be more inclined to think it is the shock mount bushings, or the A-arm mounts.

If not there, then lift it off the ground, and strat checking axle related components, and checking the entire machine for loose or worn hardware.

Be sure to check everything, including accessories such as engine mounts, battery mounts, muffler mounts, nerf bars, skid plates, etc.

jake"08"400
08-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Did the jumping up and down on the front and rear and nothing no squeak. So il have to put it on the lift to see what's going on with it. I swear it sounds like the read brake caliper lol but maybe in crazy. And it's just a little mouse squeak nothing loud.

chronicsmoke
08-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by jake"08"400
Did the jumping up and down on the front and rear and nothing no squeak. So il have to put it on the lift to see what's going on with it. I swear it sounds like the read brake caliper lol but maybe in crazy. And it's just a little mouse squeak nothing loud.

hmm.. is your caliper loose? is the rotor loose on the flange?

eprovenzano
08-15-2011, 03:03 PM
What are the condition of the reae brake pads?

jake"08"400
08-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Thats what I'm going to check next is the pads. Everything is tight but I bet money that the pads are shot.