PDA

View Full Version : Takegawa crank in a trx 90

yfzfelix
08-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I got one of these cranks for my 90 and in talking with a builder was told that I might run into a timing chain problem, I know I am going to need a spacer for the cylinder and the stock chain will be too tight, he said that more than likely I will need a chain with one more link and thats not available, he said there is one made with 2 extra links but not with one, anyone running this crank that can give me some insight ? Steve

miniquaddad90
08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Get a different piston with a lower pin to deck height if Im not mistaken. You should be able to get it to work without spacers and cam chain mods

miniquaddad90
08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Which piston you trying to use with the crank?

yfzfelix
08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
I was thinking about buying a 115 kit from Tbolt, I wanted to go 54MM on the bore as well as the stroke, Steve

miniquaddad90
08-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by yfzfelix
I was thinking about buying a 115 kit from Tbolt, I wanted to go 54MM on the bore as well as the stroke, Steve

Vince @ tbolt is a great guy and has helped us out a TON over the years. You'll more than likely need a different piston other than what comes with the "trx90 114cc kit". Tell him which crank you've got and he should be able to hook you up.

So you are planning to go "direct drive" or manual clutch when you go with the Tak crank?

yfzfelix
08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
Vince @ tbolt is a great guy and has helped us out a TON over the years. You'll more than likely need a different piston other than what comes with the "trx90 114cc kit". Tell him which crank you've got and he should be able to hook you up.

So you are planning to go "direct drive" or manual clutch when you go with the Tak crank? my rider just turned 6 so I was going to just add some heavier springs to the clutch and leave it alone for now, we ride mostly the dunes and could use the extra torque, we want to do some MX this winter with the indoor series but he needs more seat time before we get into teaching him to shift, I'll try to give Vince a call this week, thank you for your help, I know you spend alot of time on here helping answer questions and I thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge, Steve

miniquaddad90
08-15-2011, 07:04 PM
my rider just turned 6 so I was going to just add some heavier springs to the clutch and leave it alone for now, we ride mostly the dunes and could use the extra torque, we want to do some MX this winter with the indoor series but he needs more seat time before we get into teaching him to shift, I'll try to give Vince a call this week, thank you for your help, I know you spend alot of time on here helping answer questions and I thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge, Steve

Thanks! I enjoy it but also looking forward to the big quads the lil ones grow

I purposely asked about the direct drive or manual clutch. When going into a Kitaco or Takegawa style crank you loose the front clutch forcing you into a "direct drive" or manual clutch transmission

Check out a 114cc kit and save the Tak crank as he grows and gets the shifting down. Not to plug myself but I have a 111cc kit for sale

use the stock head, HD clutch springs, larger carb, port the intake a fuzz, pipe, and cam he'll be good for quite a while

yfzfelix
08-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks! I enjoy it but also looking forward to the big quads the lil ones grow

I purposely asked about the direct drive or manual clutch. When going into a Kitaco or Takegawa style crank you loose the front clutch forcing you into a "direct drive" or manual clutch transmission

Check out a 114cc kit and save the Tak crank as he grows and gets the shifting down. Not to plug myself but I have a 111cc kit for sale

use the stock head, HD clutch springs, larger carb, port the intake a fuzz, pipe, and cam he'll be good for quite a while just installed the TBQ cam that Beatrice sells and a WB slip-on and it helped alot, I did not know about the front clutch, maybe I will just sell this crank and get a stock one stroked, thanks, Steve

miniquaddad90
08-16-2011, 05:57 AM
I would be interested in the Tak crank

yfzfelix
12-25-2011, 11:10 AM
I would be interested in the Tak crank sent you a PM

miniquaddad90
12-26-2011, 08:39 AM
sent you a PM

Back atcha