PDA

View Full Version : Whos from Texas?!

MX MaNiAc 06
08-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey guys!

Havent been on in awhile. Just moved to Brownwood, Texas in July for a Physical Therapist Assistant job. Texas is pretty cool! Ive been to austin, dallas and abilene so far and they're great cities! Not too sure about the heat here tho..

Anybody live around here and ride? Or any other type of hobbies? Havent seen or heard of any local MX tracks.

What is fun in texas and what should i check out? Im a traveling PTA and i relocate every 13 weeks. Considering staying in texas through the winter.. just not in Brownwood. I'd rather take a bath with my microwave.

slightlybent47
08-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I’m way down south from you in Houston. Your closest to Dallas so check with the TQRA @ http://tqra.txatvracing.com/
Or down here it’s the SORP @ http://www.southernracing.org/forum/
Don’t know about the Austin area but there used to be an awesome track called Austin Del Valley. Don’t know if there still there.

There is a great track south of San Antonio in Floresville called Cycle Ranch @ http://www.cycleranchmx.com/

As always call before you haul!

QuadR8cer12
08-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm a little south of Dallas now. There are not to many tracks that allow quads all the time. There is a good track between Tyler and Dallas called the pit mx in terrel. Alot of guys from the tqra go out there on the weekends. We just had a tqra practice day at a dirt bike only track called under ground mx. Look up sone video of this place. It is AMAZING. One of the best tracks I have been on. We are have a special event there next month called the north vs south race. Tqra vs sorp. It is going to be one epic event! You should come on out to race it.

I normally practice every tuesday night at a track called village creek mx. They only allow quads on Tuesday night. They don't have any water right now so the practices keep getting canceled.

Hopefully we will see ya at the north vs south race! We are working on some more special event practice days at tracks and I will be posting updates on the tqra website as I get info

MX MaNiAc 06
08-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Thats awesome! My quads back in PA so i couldnt race but ill come watch for sure. I've been dying to even be in that type of atmosphere.

Underground mx looks ridiculous.. thats one badass track. High speeds, huge safe jumps and that rhythm section looks sick!

How do you like dallas? Im applying for jobs in dallas/fort worth and abilene currently. Austin is damn near impossible to get a job cuz everyone wants to be there. I can see why though. Best city ive been to in the whole country. Great people!

QuadR8cer12
08-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Dallas is ok I guess. Not near as fun as Austin. Austin has a ton of cool bars, Rivers to float and it's own unique personality.

garrett.schlent
08-18-2011, 01:00 PM
I live in Stephenville Tx bout an hour from Brownwood. There is a track in Clyde that me and several friends go to. We might actually go this Sunday. There is suppose to be a 6 hour XC race in abilene Sept 11