PDA

View Full Version : wont start after a few days

250rice
08-12-2011, 10:50 AM
its 330pv esr 38mm carb vv3 reads with new cr ignition from esr the problem is it does not want to start if i leave it set from one weaked to the next if the only way i can get it to start is to catch it in gear down a long hill at least 200 feet when i kick is it sounds like it is not fireing at all but it is take the plug out and kick it by hand got spark got gas cleaned out cas tank and pecock all flowing good flots in carb are adjusted got gas in the bowl tryed all diff sizes piolet jet from 38 to 52 no change cleand carb adj air screw all diffreant ways no change piston rings are almost new maybe 4 hourson them good compresson but the thing is after i get it to run it will start on the first kick all day leve it set over night will start the next day 1 or 2 kicks but if i park it on a sat and try to start it next sat it wont got to push it down the hill and hope it starts need help

fearlessfred
08-12-2011, 08:51 PM
take a look at the plug after sitting for a couple of day and after kicking it over a few times and see if it is wet with fuel

250rice
08-12-2011, 09:11 PM
well ill try it see what it looks like

Motofool250r
08-13-2011, 10:50 AM
check for corrosion under the ignition cover on the grounds on the pickup that the flywheel needs to run. change plug maybe it could the spark plug cable ive had trouble with a few of them lately.

DnB_racing
08-13-2011, 12:00 PM
some of the best running fastest motors ive owned have been tough starting cold

wilkin250r
08-13-2011, 01:07 PM
What kind of fuel and premix oil are you using?

DoonRider
08-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Ride it every day!:D

89trx250r
08-13-2011, 05:40 PM
i experienced something similar today me and my boy get up to the coal hills start to unload i figure ill let the ol girl warm up well jokes on me cause about 200 kicks later she still wasnt started finally fires up bam runs great all day untill all of the sudden it just lost all power pulled the plug it was completely fouled like black so i put in a new plug expect it to fire first kick another 200 kicks later still sitting there im getting spark im getting fuel my connections are good everything is in great shape but it just will not start finally my friend towed me to pop start it and after that it ran like a raped ape all day long so im sitting here scratching my head trying to figure what it could be like you said if it sits a day or two shell start first kick let it set a week and i feel like im trying to start the space shuttle....

250rice
08-13-2011, 09:43 PM
there is no corrosion under the cover it stiil looks new and i just put it on at the beginning of the summer the coil wire looks fine no cracks and it snaps on the plug nice and tight as far as the gas iam using pump gas the highrst they sell i think its93 or 92 what ever they sell at the pump and i dont realy what to say what kind of oil i use but i will dont laugh too hard because i think iam the only one that uses it its quiksilver synthetic blend outboard oil i have been using it for some time now

farmer250r
08-13-2011, 09:54 PM
theres your problem man.my first 86 r i ran that stuff in my bike because it was cheap and i was 14.lol if the bike sat anymore then 3 days it wouldnt start and we had to pull start it,but if i ran it everyday it was fine.ive learned my lession with the pre-mix.now in my 87 r(and i no its alittle more on the $$$$) but i run hp2 honda race pre-mix.and that problem doesnt happen.i think somthing with the outbored premix is alittle thicker because its used on bigger motor on boats and even jetskis,not ment for a offroad 250cc,on the water you can just floor it and go,in the woods and dunes you still putt around.i no that pre-mix is good for fouling plugs.just my 2 cents.

250rice
08-13-2011, 10:56 PM
i knew it as soon as i said i didnt use some expensive race oil thats what i would here theres you problem its that simple change your oil and it fixed if you say so ill try some thing else next weak what do think i should use and dont say the 927 maximim stuff ether and i have never seen hp2 they sell it at the honda shop right how much does it run

wilkin250r
08-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Well, I would certainly start there. I know when my little LT80 sits for a long time, it's impossible to start and it's all because of how the oil and gas is mixed. And when you try it, make sure to give it a real honest try, probably several tanks of gas.

For particular brands, I would first recommend Amsoil, but that might be difficult to get a hold of. My other suggestion would be pretty much any name-brand oil. Maxima, Klotz, Bel-Ray, or even Redline. Each of them have their own group of loyal followers that swear by them.

DoonRider
08-13-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm curious, Why don't you want to run 927?

250rice
08-13-2011, 11:32 PM
oh iam going to try it for sure iam going to burn up all the gas i have tomarow and when iam done ill drain whats left and as soon as i get some oil which will most likely be klots iam going to fill it up run it a little then park it until next sunday as for the amsoil i dont think i seen any around here i might check the honda shop if i get that way and if it works ill let you know

250rice
08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
well it looks to thick for one plus when i tryed it i was going throw a lot of tuning cause i got a biger carb and it semmed to foul the plugs out a lot it could have just been to rich though but when i switched to the oil iam using now it was easyer to tune and the plugs did not foul out as often but who knows it was probably in my head i know i got pretty frustrated when i was jetting the thing but i do know for sure when i first got the bike it had klots in it and it started evey time and i used klots until i got tired of buying it but it also did not have the 330 on it either

DoonRider
08-13-2011, 11:55 PM
ya, it is thick, you have to mix it up good. Sounds like you had good luck with Klotz.

farmer250r
08-14-2011, 01:04 AM
hp2 is 8 bucks a quart.

Motofool250r
08-14-2011, 04:36 AM
yamaha lube is cheap and good 2 stroke oil, can find it most places

i use klotz cause i have 5k into my motors but i used yamaha lube for years.

you might know this but always pour the oil into the can first and let the incoming gas mix it up or you can have issues.

another thought is buy your premium fuel from a place that does alot of business so you dont get old lower octane watered down fuel.

also check your plug gap

are you usging a resitor plug or normal plug?

carbs choke setup properly? what about pilot jet maybe its too fat?

250rice
08-18-2011, 11:26 PM
well i got some klotz and put it in yesterday tryed to start it didnot start had to catch in gear down the hill i know it might some time to get all the old so i did not exspect it to work the first time to begin with but the wied thing is after it started it smoke alot i mean alot never seen it smoke that much before ever it took a good ten min to go away ran it aroud the field a few times for maybe 20 min got of let it ideal a few it did seem to ideal high but ill mess with that sunday then i shut it off waited alittal bit started fine rode it some more then parked it the real test will be on sunday that will be four days and my poilet is a 42 cel needale one from top clip 175main the plug is a br9es i no the r mean resister but not sure what the diff is between the two ill see what happens sunday let you guys know