PDA

View Full Version : 01 warrior, need advise!

zach R 7x
08-12-2011, 05:44 AM
I have a 01 warrior that I have to jump through hoops to get started! A little history on it..... I bought it last fall , ran great but the throttle cable was frozen up so I went through whole quad and rebuilt carb, new throttle cable, axle bearings, brakes, oil change, new air filter, etc... Got it started and it was backfiring through carb, sprayed starting fluid around carb and found leak, fixed. Rode it one time last winter and cdi went out. It sat all winter( didn't have money to fix at that point), finally got a cdi and it started, ran great! Now if it sits overnight it is a nightmare to get running again. The proceger to get started is to crank the hell out of it till the battery goes dead, install jumper box and pump the hell out of the throttle and it finally starts, after about 15-20 minutes of screwing around. When it does start, it will backfire out the exaust and then clear up and run great, shut off it will start right back up, let sit over night same thing over again! Can this be just lean pilot? The plug is not soaked at all after all this engine cranking and starting fluid will not make it start any faster.
Seems to me that it just is not getting the fuel it needs through the carb to start, has excellent spark, plenty of fuel going into the carb from tank.
Any advise would be very helpfull!!

Thanks in advance,
Tim

HondaPohl
08-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I picked up a 97 for my wife. Went through a tank of gas in like 30min. Found the floats were stuck causing the fuel to run into the filter. Than in would not start or do anything until I found it and cleaned it up and fix the floats. Dont know if any of that is kinda what your going thru.

zach R 7x
08-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the reply, messed with it again on Saturday, now it won't start at all and the plug is wet. The next move for me is to pull the carb again and take a look and see if there is something such as that. When I was spraying starting fluid in the carb it always shot right back out, I even pulled plug and sprayed starting fluid directly into cyl and still got no fire, it has great spark, so I know it is not that. I am confused at this point!!??