PDA

View Full Version : Reuseabel Oil FIlters!!!!!!!!!!!

300exTJjeeper
02-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Quick suggestion or comments please.

WHat do you guys think of using resusable oil filter. I mean as much as I change fiilters. I think it will pay for itself over time. RIght now I use emgo filters and get them for about 2.25 a piece and change oil about every other run.

Does anybody out there run this type of filter if so got any comments or suggestion to help me out here.

THank You in Advance for any comments

I check the sat.s on these filters and here they are:

Oil Filters: Superior Filtration:
This should be the last oil filter you will ever buy! Made from laser cut, medical grade, 304 stainless steel micronic filter cloth, this filter provides 200% more filter area in many cases. Most good paper filters will pass particles in the 90 to 95 micron range, and some tested, as much as 300 microns. Sand is about 125 microns and a white blood cell approximately 25 microns. Our stainless filter catches items down to 35 microns "absolute", which is about 3 times better than most good paper or brass filters. The pleat seam is welded, able to withstand up to 600 degrees in our filter, not glued, like paper filters.

Cleanable and reusable:
Simply remove the filter, rinse in clean solvent and replace it, you're done. The filter can be cleaned with solvent, kerosene, aerosol carburetor cleaner, or any other degreasing agent, even common dish soap. You can even blow air through the filter from the inside out to remove any small particles or cleaning agent from the screen if you so desire.

Consistent flow under all conditions:
Stainless steel will stand up to the stress of heat, high pressure and physical handling much better than paper or brass. This filter maintains consistent flow under all conditions including cold start ups and or under extreme heat. A one inch square of this micron filter material will flow 1.9 gallons of 90 weight oil per minute at only 1 psi pump pressure (70 degrees F). Our typical filter size is 30 sq. in. which equals the flow of 57 gallons per minute. Standard paper filters do not flow well when the oil is cold, often causing the bypass valve to open allowing unfiltered oil to enter your engine, uhg!

Unaffected by Water, Heat and Pressure:
This filter is capable of withstanding extremely high pressure and flow rates. It is also unaffected by Water, Heat and Pressure, unlike standard paper filter material which swells in the presence of water, closing off filter pores and reducing flow.

Early Detection:
By allowing you to inspect the debris that is in the filter you can monitor your engines condition, avoiding minor and or catastrophic failures.

What is a Micron?
A micron is one thousandth of a millimeter. That's about .00003937 inches. Fine sand can be as small as 62 microns thick. Our filter will not allow any particle over 35 microns to pass through this filter, that's some pretty small stuff that's being caught.

Features and Benefits

All aluminum and stainless steel construction - Filter will never rust or corrode!
Ultra fine weaved type 304 stainless steel filter mesh filters TWICE more than paper filters!
Built in Check Valve to prevent backflow.
Completely reusable! Simple to clean using common solvents or even soap & water!
Same dimensions as OEM replaceable filters to insure proper fit.
Beautifully machined T6061-T6 billet aluminum end caps demonstrate show-quality workmanship.
PROVEN TECHNOLOGY! The same reusable stainless steel filter technology is being used among all types of Auto Racing organizations such as Nascar, Indy cars, Formula 1 racers, and in the Aerospace Industry where filtration is of the utmost importance. This is the BEST filter money can buy. Doesn't your engine deserve it ?

RideRed400StYlE
02-24-2003, 01:19 PM
well first off it sounds like you may be changing your oil too much.. I mean it doesnt hurt anything to change it every other ride. but thats an awful lot to change it. I usually change mine every time it starts getting dark. as long as you check your oil and it looks clean then there is really no reason to change it. as for the filter.. I thought about buying one of those. I believe that they are on ebay right now. but then when I thought it over. a paper filter is only $2.25 or sumthin like that. and you can just pop the old one out and pop the new one in. those other ones need to be cleaned out, then you need to let them dry out before you can put them back in. I mean I am sure its a good idea and everything. But I have no problem just running down to my local honda shop and picking up a normal filter.I am sure in the long run it might pay for itself.. but its only a couple dollars. whatever tho. its all up to you . just my .02 cents:devil

KandK952
02-25-2003, 02:05 PM
a stock honda filter for a 400ex is like 5 bucks i think. an emgo is like 2 something. how much are the reusable ones? i think as long as you have a compressor or something to air dry the resuable filter with you would save big time if you change your oil a lot.