PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a ltr purchase

askmd
08-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Looking at purchasing a 07 ltr ,can I get a heads up on what to look out for on a used ltr, how do I know if the shift shaft has any damage , how about tranny issues or anything else, im looking to pick one up soon but could use some info thanks Adam

panici33
08-15-2011, 02:38 PM
IMO, It will be hard to determine if there are any tranny issues especially without riding it; you can look for leaks or any damage to the case and/or undercarriage of the quad. You can usually determine the type of abuse a quad has seen by looking at the undercarriage. If you can, ride it and go through every gear, downshift a couple of times and then put it in neutral. Try to do this when the quad is warm if you can. If you can get every gear, there are no false neutrals, and neutral is easy to get, then it's a good start, but there are no guarantees.

I had an '07 and didn't have any tranny issues. I did get the popular tranny "whine" but I went to a different oil and never heard it after.

nkillian9
08-16-2011, 02:35 AM
i have an 08 which is notorious for 3rd gear going out, when i had broke the teeth off it still ran fine but made a chain slapping noise in third on the clutch basket side, an 07 shouldnt have broken gear problems i wouldnt think but id listen for that noise in each gear

askmd
09-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Picked up an 06 model , rode it for a week at oregon dunes, loved it, HMF slip on , cherry bomb, K&N , pro flow, runs great , still need to do the shift shaft mod, thanks for the input