PDA

View Full Version : Mod to Stock pipe

KllnTme
02-23-2003, 10:00 AM
I have question about my stock pipe. I have an 11:1 piston with cam. I have all the top end needed but have no low end. I wanting to get an HMF slip-on, but the wife doesn't want to give the money yet. So mean while is it possible to hollow out the stock pipe, to get the lower end that I need.

250x#93
02-23-2003, 10:16 AM
I don't think you should hollow out your stock pipe, just doesn't sound like a good idea, wait a little while and get the slip on.:cool:

KllnTme
02-23-2003, 10:23 AM
I do think I'm gonna wait for the slip-on. I'm jsut afraid if I did it that it would make it worse, the power is there is just needs to be brought out.

luvmyex
02-23-2003, 10:31 AM
I took the baffels out of my stock pipe. But left the end cap alone.It helped a little on the low end,but it also took away the top end.I would get smoked from 3rd gear on by another 400.The only differance was the pipes.He had a W/B.Id say drop to a 14th counter sprocket.Only $10-$15.And it will hit alot harder on the bottom.And unless you ride dunes your not going to wind out 5th very often.

KllnTme
02-23-2003, 11:31 AM
See I already have a 14 tooth sprocket. My friend I ride with can't keep up with me in 3rd ,4th, or 5th. I can get him, but when it comes to trail riding where you use 1st and 2nd alot he blows me away. I just trying to find a little extra until I can get the slip-on. WIth removing the baffles do you need to re-jet.

flaneledholes
02-23-2003, 04:28 PM
I think you will be ok with the stock pipe being modded... This is where you grind the welds in the header, and pretty much gut the stock silencer... Do a search for stock pipe mod... There will be all the info you need there... Oh, by the way, cant go wrong with the hmf!!! I am glad they decided to go from street to trail...

KllnTme
02-24-2003, 09:53 AM
I searched it and the only thing I could find is that link to some diagrams I think there calling it the "Gabes Mod". Is that what you were talking about. Drilling the hole looks easy enough but I don't know how to get in there and cut one of the pipes