PDA

View Full Version : New Video!

TheLane
08-09-2011, 04:16 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YrD38KJZWLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

im a still a noob at em so be gentle!

johnnyquad17
08-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Nice

TheLane
08-12-2011, 09:08 AM
thanks!

phreak
08-12-2011, 12:25 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/dancingcool.gif

and http://smiliesftw.com/x/hahaoh.gif @ 1:09. done that a few times

HondaPohl
08-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Good vid. Put some death metal in the next one! Hahaha

outacontrol
08-12-2011, 06:53 PM
good vid. what movie software did you use? that track looks nice and smooth, if we had a place like that back east, id be tempted to buy another bike!

TheLane
08-13-2011, 12:38 AM
i use 3 different sets of software to make my videos.

For effects and the intro i use adobe after effects CS5

For the video/ audio editing i use sony vegas pro 10 64bit.

For archiving and browsing the vids themselves i use IntelliStudio.

Thanks for the feedback!

TheLane
08-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Anyone got any good tips on how to catch some cool camera angles?

chronicsmoke
08-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by TheLane

That's pretty well put together man, good job.

Watch some Huevos movies and see what Wes Miller does to get his shots. (minus the chopper)

lasher45
08-26-2011, 07:41 AM
One of the better ATV edits I've seen.

Originally posted by TheLane

Try to find places to get unusual angles that still show your subject. Try to visualize what the camera is going to see or walk around before everyone starts riding and just look at everything and think of what it will look like. I don't think there's any actual advice to finding unique angles that one can give besides trial and error.

chronicsmoke
08-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by lasher45
Try to find places to get unusual angles that still show your subject. Try to visualize what the camera is going to see or walk around before everyone starts riding and just look at everything and think of what it will look like. I don't think there's any actual advice to finding unique angles that one can give besides trial and error.

X2

I personally like the still camera shots that are close to ground level. (try and capture the entire corner/jump without moving the camera) use the GoPro at 720p @ 60fps and you can slow down those shot. It looks sick, Wes Miller does it all the time.

My favorite "cornering" shot is staying behind the berm, and film the roost flying by the camera. The camera man is going to get dirty, but not as dirty as that shot will be! (the example I have in my head is from Huevos #5 when they introduce Glamis at the beginning)

But your vids are already pretty good! Wanna edit some of mine? ;)

TheLane
08-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks man, I appreciate the tips, hopefully the next video wil be even better.

Tommy Warren
08-26-2011, 11:29 PM
awesome shots but I'm not a fan of the cookie monster music:devil:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1W6iTeUs1gg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nelzar13
08-27-2011, 06:02 AM
if your looking for new angles buy a ten ft step lader and set up in some spots. or a camera on a pole. it will change the whole view. i used to shoot water ski'ers on a ten ft step ladder in the back of the ski boat..... talk about hairy ...28 miles an hour on a boat going backwards with 5000 dollars in my hand hahah..

chronicsmoke
08-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by nelzar13
if your looking for new angles buy a ten ft step lader and set up in some spots. or a camera on a pole. it will change the whole view. i used to shoot water ski'ers on a ten ft step ladder in the back of the ski boat..... talk about hairy ...28 miles an hour on a boat going backwards with 5000 dollars in my hand hahah..

Haha Thats crazy! GreatIdea with the ladder though..

@TheLane - Looking forward to your next one man. I'm going to try that software you mentioned too.

chronicsmoke
08-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by nelzar13

Haha Thats crazy! GreatIdea with the ladder though..

@TheLane - Looking forward to your next one man. I'm going to try that software you mentioned too.