PDA

View Full Version : which way to build????

400exmxrider15
08-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I think for my birthday, I'm gonna be spending a little money in the 400, I wanna know the best a arms, axle, and best color scheme for the frame.
As far as brands go, what should I go for A-arms? Lonestar?JD Performance?Houser? Laegers? ATV Fourplay????I dont care how much, as long as they are regular travel cause I have 450r shocks. With triple rate 450r shocks, do I need long travel arms????
For an axle, I think I'm gonna go with an LSR, because they are a little cheaper than Durablue, and have lifetime warranty. For colors, I have a guy that can do a true Honda red, black, gunmetal, or any other color, just wanna know what would look good with red plastics????
and what color for a arms as well???

flyboy1294
08-07-2011, 06:59 PM
All the arm and axle brands you listed were good. Take your pick.

You do need standard travel for those 450R shocks though.

01boneless
08-07-2011, 07:14 PM
x2 ^^^

but for the frame i would do black cause black and red will look awsome!! got any pics of yur 400?

thecoon
08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
g force axles are good to lifetime warrenty and cheap .

400exmxrider15
08-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I think my pick is gonna be JD Performance Standard Travel +3 arms, LSR Axcaliber +4 axle, and a Metallic Black frame? For A-arms, should I go for the same color as the frame? and should I just leave my swinger stock color?

01boneless
08-07-2011, 08:14 PM
definitly do the arms in red that would look sick and if i was you id leave the stock swing arm color

400exmxrider15
08-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Anything else I should do guys? I dont have a pic right now, cause my camera isnt charged and my tie rod is broke off...

08-08-2011, 06:52 AM
g force axles is best one of my friend he has he said this low cost and quality is best

PaRedneckRiders
08-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I ran g-force on a few of mine, for the price you cant really beat it with the lifetime warranty.

Dont Forget SS brake lines and YFZ front calipers(not a must but heard they were amazing)

As for swingarm, id leave it stock color or try and look for a decent priced aftermarket one. They are pricey for sure but i loved the way my lonestar felt. Some people like them some dont just sorta personal preference i guess.

chronicsmoke
08-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by donjon
g force axles is best one of my friend he has he said this low cost and quality is best

I was saying the same thing until I bent mine in less than 3.5 months..

If you go big, buy a better RPM/Durablue/Firestick/LSR.

You can't beat G-forces warrenty.. but a warrentied axle won't win any races if my bike is in the shop, waiting for the warrentied axle to come in.

and I'd do your swinger either black or red.

jmo

400man
08-10-2011, 12:00 AM
the yfz450 front brake calipers are worth every penny......they should come stock on these bikes :p

and just throwin this out there, has anybody ever polished a stock swingarm to a chrome-like finish, I think that would really stand out pretty nice

PaRedneckRiders
08-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by 400man
the yfz450 front brake calipers are worth every penny......they should come stock on these bikes :p

and just throwin this out there, has anybody ever polished a stock swingarm to a chrome-like finish, I think that would really stand out pretty nice
Ive never seen it done not sure if you could or how hard it would be because its textured.

thecoon
08-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Mine is polished it a ***** just time consuming use a rol loc disc to get texture off then polish just like any alumn peice