PDA

View Full Version : t pin protrax front end

Motofool250r
08-07-2011, 07:59 AM
to those that have had one did you notice any difference was it worth it?

came across one but ill need to rebuild the spindels and not sure if its worth the money for my duner.

deathman53
08-08-2011, 10:41 AM
I have a Roll lobo, lsr +3+1 and t-pin +3+0. I like the t-pin the best for most riding, effort-less steering and suspension is so smooth. The downside to the t-pin is you need atleast 1 steering stablizer(some you 2, going against eath other) and the tie-rod ends wear. When they do, DON'T buy ones from leager. You can get rod ends from most industrial supply for 1/4 the cost and they are longer wearing and greasable too! Measure yours( don't have it infront of me), but the threads are left and right hand 7/16-20 fine thread. I found greaseble ones for something like $20 each.

The newer front end, 99 and later use 400ex brake calipers, you have to get adapters for 250r calipers or use yfz450 calipers to get good brakes. 400ex brakes suck.

Motofool250r
08-08-2011, 03:05 PM
how fast do they wear cause i only get 1 or 2 rides per year usually 4-7 days riding in the dunes per trip half day riding. so maybe 40hrs per ride

just trying to weigh good LSR/laeger/i shock arms versus spending almost double for a tpin that i would have to rebuild still

hontrx265r
08-10-2011, 03:15 PM
I love my t pin. But imho the dunes are a terrible place for that front end. there are just too many exposed joints, and grease. It will be a magnet for sand, you'll never get it all out and you'll prematurely wear out everything. Sealed ball joint front end is the way to go for sand .

Motofool250r
08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
probably just as well then, i picked up a Ishock kit with shocks for the price of the tpin before it need rebuilding