PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Adjustment

smorris1
08-06-2011, 06:05 PM
I bought a new clutch lever and perch and I cant get it adjusted like my last one. It feels like the clutch engages too far out. Like it engages when the lever is almost all the way out. I like it to engage pretty quick after I let the lever out. I tried making this adjustment but I keep getting it back to where I started. It has the right free play and stiffness it just engages pretty far out. Anyone know how to fix this?

CJM
08-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Tried adjusting the clutch at the case under the header?

smorris1
08-06-2011, 07:35 PM
yeah I tried it. It just gives it more or less slack just like the adjuster on the clutch perch would do. If I set the clutch to where I want the clutch to engage at there is wayyyy to much freeplay on the lever. I just dont get how one clutch lever can be different from the other.

CJM
08-06-2011, 07:40 PM
It is possible your clutch cable is stretched too. Have you tried the old lever yet?

smorris1
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I dont think its stretched because it was right where i wanted it before I changed the lever. I cant use the old one because it stripped out where the adjustment screw was. I just feel like the clutch engages when the lever is about 80% let out instead of 40% like I had it before.

lilholt7
08-08-2011, 09:52 PM
id try a new cable its like 20 bucks and it might help since you have a fresh lever. it might be it but it might not its just a thought.