PDA

View Full Version : inconsiderate riders.

finsteratv
08-05-2011, 12:21 PM
how many of these guys have you met? last trip to the dunes i was on a sand access road to the main dunes which is about 3 miles long of whooooops..its about the width of a somewhat wide 2 lane road. so i was doing top of 3rd bottom of 4th and these 20 somthin year old guys on built dune raptors are just put putin along on the side in a line so i decide what anybody would do. i get over to the left and keep my flow through the whoops. once i get to the staging area and wait for the rest of my family who dont exactly ride whoops fast...these raptors guys come out and give me all these death glares, then all 3 decide to sling gravel at me?????? they're all pissed and i have no idea why..all i know is that gravel hit my bike and it may only be a 400 but 14 and i bought it. its my pride and joy. kinda gives me a bad taste like what others have said about craptor riders..i know they all arent but d@mn. sorry just kinda had to vent, i mean we already battle enviromentalists and such, why do some riders have to get all pissy with eachother too? maybe they didnt like a kid on a 400 goin faster then them :chinese: hah..sorry needed to vent..lets hear your experiences?

HondaPohl
08-05-2011, 12:39 PM
I woulda found them and roosted the **** out of them. Your gonna have *******s everywhere you go.

Tommy Warren
08-05-2011, 01:12 PM
thats cuz raptors dominte! don't get in the way with your 400cc sunday driver:blah:

01boneless
08-05-2011, 01:12 PM
i know what ya mean dude i was on the mx track hiting the table top the other day and i was in 3rd gear pinned and was a aproching the top of the jump and 3 mud riders poped over the top of the jump coming my way just like they owned the place and there is signs every where that says one way mx track at all time

finsteratv
08-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
thats cuz raptors dominte! don't get in the way with your 400cc sunday driver:blah:
you canadians must not be able to read :huh i was passin the almighty craptors! :macho

finsteratv
08-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
I woulda found them and roosted the **** out of them. Your gonna have *******s everywhere you go.
i wanted to so bad..but there camp was right by ours and i know retaliation isnt very good..im pretty level headed for being almost 15 haha

01boneless
08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
ps finster i pmed you

Tommy Warren
08-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
you canadians must not be able to read :huh i was passin the almighty craptors! :macho cuz they where going slow...you probably covered thm in dust and pissed them off..

backwoodsracer
08-05-2011, 02:34 PM
you canadians must not be able to read :huh i was passin the almighty craptors! :macho i wouldnt call something crap the will beat you in 4th gear......sounds like you were a little scared of the almighty raptor....

HondaPohl
08-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I was thinkin about it and the whoops are there to keep riders from going fast untill they hit the park. Maybe you were going to fast. IDK.

BlasterEaten250
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I was thinkin about it and the whoops are there to keep riders from going fast untill they hit the park. Maybe you were going to fast. IDK. My thoughts also.

Chico
08-05-2011, 04:59 PM
thats raptor riders for ya, I dont know what it is but everyone i have ever met who rides a raptor is a goon

finsteratv
08-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I was thinkin about it and the whoops are there to keep riders from going fast untill they hit the park. Maybe you were going to fast. IDK.
thats how other areas are but im talking about a 3mile sandroad that is ALL whoops..my dad said back in the 80's there were barely any and now from so much traffic over the years its caused them. USFS doesnt do anything here bu shut places down so for them to put in whoops is a joke:chinese:
@backwoodsracer so what if they're faster? so what if they ate some of my sand? i slowed down while pasing but had to stay in rythem so it wasnt like i was gonna do 2nd gear putt putt past them..

madskrillz2
08-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I love getting behind a D class rider at the track and all of a sudden he becomes Joe Byrd when I try to go around him. Only difference is they don't jump anything on the track which is worse than a dirty block pass lol

250rsforlife
08-05-2011, 07:18 PM
they r just jealous cuz they dont ride hondas :D

Ruby Soho
08-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I love getting behind a D class rider at the track and all of a sudden he becomes Joe Byrd when I try to go around him. Only difference is they don't jump anything on the track which is worse than a dirty block pass lol

I used to hate that.

Especially coming around a corner behind them, of course they are in the good line (yours) and they fly up to a jump, as you are, then slow way down last second cause they cant do it. so it screws you too

DnB_racing
08-06-2011, 09:08 AM
im sorry to say but I think you were the inconsiderate one, maybe one of them had a problem and that's why they were going slow, then you came flying by shooting roost at them,

remember it goes both ways you roost someone expect to get roosted back, probably what they did is called payback! the thing about payback is you don't get even you get ahead

if im out of the way or have to stop for some reason on the trail, i expect the people passing to use caution, its not a race!!!your out there with families and sometime experienced riders..

riding like you did is better left on the track,at least there everyone is supposed to have equal talents, in the trails you could come upon some first time little kid,and dad isn't going to be as polite as the group you ran into

its up to you to ride with caution

when passing walkers or bike riders slow way down and raise no dust, when passing other quads use caution and and go slow, when you met a rider on a horse get as far away as possible stop and shut it off, and take your helmet and goggles off so you dont kill someone

its common courtesy, and the only way to keep these places open to atvs

finsteratv
08-06-2011, 09:51 AM
i understand what you mean DnB but i dont get how i roosted them being a good 15 feet away or better to the side :huh does a stock 400 really throw that much sand..haha. and i dont think they had problem because at the same time they were riding the little side trails that run parallel to the road, and dirtbikes had passed them earlier, so why not me? wouldnt surprise me f i dd accidentally roost them but being that far away and slowing down somewhat has o show some courtesey right? :confused:

honda250xrider
08-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I think some people are just itching to go off on someone for the slightest thing. I would say you probably put up a dust screen and threw up a bit of sand. Some people just like to take things personal, when in reality it is no big deal.

I would say that next time get as far over as you can, ease it back down a bit , wait until you are 20 meters or so out in front before you get back on it or you will be throwing a bit of roost. Other than that I would say you did a good job on already getting over and slowing down a bit.

I was at a track several years ago and a rider came over and yelled at me saying I slung rocks up at his bike and trailer. I knew however this was not the case. I always ride slow through gravel and take off gentle knowing that it is possible to sling gravel if not careful.

Long story short he yelled at me and threw a couple rocks at my bike to get even. I then went back out on the track not to worried about the situation. I came back and sure enough he was at it again yelling about how I threw gravel up at his trailer again when I went back out onto the track. I was known at the track and respected as the owner came over and took care of the situation for me. Needless to say some people are just wanting to argue and pick a fight for no apparent reason.

Moral of the story is often some people walk around with a chip on there shoulders. Don't worry about these people as they are out to bring you down to there level. Ignore them and go out and have fun riding!

DNB, I will say that I have personally seen fathers that are way overbearing and protective of there kids out on trails. I have seen fathers scream and yell at others for simple passing there son or daughter on a trail. Trails are meant to be shared and if a rider can pass safely then by all means pass.

250rAL
08-06-2011, 10:56 AM
If a little roost or dust bothers someone that much, why in the world are they riding off road?

DnB_racing
08-06-2011, 11:03 AM
i understand what you mean DnB but i dont get how i roosted them being a good 15 feet away or better to the side :huh does a stock 400 really throw that much sand..haha. and i dont think they had problem because at the same time they were riding the little side trails that run parallel to the road, and dirtbikes had passed them earlier, so why not me? wouldnt surprise me f i dd accidentally roost them but being that far away and slowing down somewhat has o show some courtesey right? :confused: ya Im not saying you did it to be mean or any thing,

but there are ALWAYS circumstances that there is a chance of a very inexperienced scared first time little girl or boy, out there and there father is trying to make it a family sport...

and like i said some fathers will go postal.. its there babies and they see you as the big bad wolf..

so just be as courteous as possible, it wont cure all problems but it helps,
save the real riding for the designated areas not the access roads, on the access roads you will find most of the slow and beginners

Honda250xrider there is no such thing as an overprotective father. a father will do everything in his power to protect and make sure the kids will enjoy the sport... sad to say but even kill for them!!

DnB_racing
08-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by 250rAL
If a little roost or dust bothers someone that much, why in the world are they riding off road? lol... I love the beach and the sand but I sure dont want anyone to kick sand in my face...

I spent thousands on my quads, if someone was to roost me and break one of my fourwerx custom carbon parts, we would definitely have words..

If I brake them its my fault, but i bought them, if the other guy wants to repair my quad to a better condition, then roost on, but if not KEEP WELL AWAY with roost. and I know im not the oinly one that takes pride in there quads,

on my beater Ill follow right in the roost and not care but with my 250r ..if anyone hit that with a rock, thats my pride and joy it will bring me postal

finsteratv
08-06-2011, 12:01 PM
alsoat DnB i know what you mean by the children and i alway go super slow by them and give em thumbs up or somthing because i think its cute to see all the little dudes on there quads haha. sometimes i'll even sit and watch this one little 5yr old on his lt80 winding the nuts off the bike climbing like he's on a lt250r :devil:

Gray33
08-06-2011, 12:14 PM
i wanted to so bad..but there camp was right by ours and i know retaliation isnt very good..im pretty level headed for being almost 15 haha

Qualitys that I have learned from your posts but not limited to:

14 year old (almost 15)
400ex
pretty level headed
takes time to post on internet about 3 guys roasting him

I am going to x2 on you being the inconsiderate. If I saw a 14 year old on a 400 ex who thought he was a pro rider and flying by the whoops. When everyone else is taking it easy, i would probly roast u to.

muddy400EX
08-06-2011, 01:14 PM
pretty sure you were the a-hole in this one bud.

somewhere theres a forum with a thread on it that reads, "me and buddies were at the dunes, cruising slowly down a road with my daughter (first time riding) and some little punk on a 400 flys by like hes a damn pro or something"

lol, if i seen a line of quads cruising down a road,i would get behind them, or go a different direction

finsteratv
08-06-2011, 02:39 PM
who says i think im pro? i never said that so just putting that out there..im by no means pro or think i am, was tired of following these guys in 2nd gear so i passed. do youpass slow? no.

Gray33
08-06-2011, 04:25 PM
who says i think im pro? i never said that so just putting that out there..im by no means pro or think i am, was tired of following these guys in 2nd gear so i passed. do youpass slow? no.

"Do youpass slow?"

If your oncomming slower riders you don't have to shift and gun it like ur a pro or something.

honda250xrider
08-06-2011, 04:39 PM
lol, if i seen a line of quads cruising down a road,i would get behind them, or go a different direction [/B][/QUOTE]

I personally wouldn't turn around nor would I stay behind a slow moving group of riders that are in a single line. I would pass them on my left. Just as this kid did. Now we do not know the whole story here so to point figures is a bit ludicrous.

I understand novice riders and the protective nature of parents. What I do not seem to comprehend is when people get riled up because someone passes another person going (in their mind) faster than is needed. Now by this I do not mean to pass riders hauling balls but I do not also expect another rider to slow way down to have to pass if they can do so safely. It is all about using good judgement.

I have seen the parents out on the trails that will scream and yell at fellow riders as they pass them because there is a kid in the group. I have yet to understand why some think that it is inappropriate to pass.

muddy400EX
08-06-2011, 05:02 PM

not saying you think you are. im saying thats the image you give when you fly by people who are cruising. everybody gets pissed about weird things. just say **** 'em and move on

DnB_racing
08-06-2011, 05:03 PM
It is all about using good judgement. thats all anyone can ask!!

be mindful of others and remember that riding on these lands are a privilege not a given right,

just do your best to make sure the riding we love will still be there for years to come, of course not everyone will agree but if we all try to be as responsible as possible,

then all our kids will be able to enjoy this sport!!

finsteratv
08-06-2011, 05:46 PM
where did all this kid stuff come from haha? these were dudes riding but its just common sense to go past little kids because they're the last ones you want give a bad memory to and ruin riding for them. little dudes riding are awesome! i hope with all the regulations and closures that they still have areas to ride.
PS earlier on the sand road i had 2 guys on dirtbikes pass me on the left haulling like bats outta hell and roost me but i was like ehh well maybe they're being a bit reckless but they know what they're doing and having fun. if i eat some sand then whatever its all part of sand shootin and i know they didnt do it intentionally.

DnB_racing
08-06-2011, 05:53 PM
where did all this kid stuff come from haha? these were dudes riding but its just common sense to go past little kids because they're the last ones you want give a bad memory to and ruin riding for them. little dudes riding are awesome! i hope with all the regulations and closures that they still have areas to ride.
PS earlier on the sand road i had 2 guys on dirtbikes pass me on the left haulling like bats outta hell and roost me but i was like ehh well maybe they're being a bit reckless but they know what they're doing and having fun. if i eat some sand then whatever its all part of sand shootin and i know they didnt do it intentionally. I know your not the bad seed..lol

you guys take it easy on finster,

im sure he means well, and hes still learning, at least he has the sense to still learn unlike some of us old stubborn farts.lol

CJM
08-06-2011, 07:34 PM
It happens, people whine like little babies all the time.

I threw the paddles on the 400 and rode the other day at the sand pits. Everyone complained I was roosting them. Sorry, you dont have to be behind me if you dont want to-not my fault if the trails wide enough to fit a 2 lane road down it.

Ive been roosted before, I think i complained once when a friend accidentally threw a large rock at me. Other than that I hardly ever complain.

muddy400EX
08-07-2011, 12:14 AM
PS earlier on the sand road i had 2 guys on dirtbikes pass me on the left haulling like bats outta hell and roost me but i was like ehh well maybe they're being a bit reckless but they know what they're doing and having fun. if i eat some sand then whatever its all part of sand shootin and i know they didnt do it intentionally.

it happens to everyone. i wouldn't worry about it dude. they prolly just got mad about it for some reason.

i was at the track once and i passed this kid on an 85. kid had a gay mohawk and rode without a helmet visor like he was mike metzger or some chit. prolly 12 or so. when i went back to the pits he was sittin down at his trailer starin me down. i was like wtf? this kid wanna take me on? lol

Minndave13
08-07-2011, 12:21 AM
I am in TOTAL support of the 14 yr old on the 400. I say ride your speed where you are having fun (but do not hurt others). Once when riding snowmobiles in Minn. a beginning rider rolled her snowmobile trying to keep up with experienced riders. When everyone grouped up and waited for the slower riders to catch up everyone caught a ear full. Long story short a trailer was called and she headed back home with her tail between her legs. Running a local Dirtbike/Quad poker run I was caught behind a father and his young son (the son was riding a 50), and the son was all over the rode, neither father or son ever checked behind them and I was stuck on a long logging road with no way to pass. I now carry a air boat horn on me just for these situations. I was taught to keep a eye out on the guy behind you and if you see faster people coming up to you you should let them by. Once I had to laugh because someone did not do what they were supposed to do. When I was in high school I went on a local snowmobile poker run with my dad and his buddies. I was in the back and my dad was running tail. Well I kept a watch on dad and while checking on him I saw a snow plow coming up on our party, (we were ditch riding along the side if a highway). Well I know if I was running a snow plow I know what I would do, so I kept I eye on him. Dad wondering why I kept looking back finally looked back and thought the same thing I did. When he drew near we got as far away from him as possible, good thing because of course, he dropped the side plow blowing up the engine of one of the guys in our group. Dad and I still laugh about it. Drive the speed you are comfortable with, (be as courteous as you can to others). But be safe, respect others, and have fun.

KXRida
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Reminds me of riding the local trails a year or two back. There's a section with quite a few wash outs that hold a fair amount of water/mud in them on the one trail. On a bike it's nothing to blast through these, so I just smack them like a set of whoops along with the other three guys with me. Day continues and ended up a younger kid on a crf 150 and an older guy on a crf230 kinda track us down. Next thing I know the older guy is wigging out about one of us getting his kid dirty as he was sitting by the section we blew through. First off, he was on the wrong side of the trail, second no body saw him, and lastly why the hell would you sit beside a mud puddle on a trail full of riders? Regardless, daddy couldn't get the point, and that if he was that upset about his son getting muddy, he better choose a different recreation. When people ***** on the trail I tend to get even more aggressive. To end the tale, daddy kept mouthing off and ended up with four 450's rolling a few lines of loose dirt back at him.

fastredrider44
08-11-2011, 03:33 PM

You think a lot!

Yeah, when passing someone, just cruise. It's not hard. You already said you were gonna have to wait on the rest of your group, so why hurry. The guys on the raptors probably viewed it as you were trying to be cool and show off. So that wasn't your intention... Oh well. it's over.

For those of you who race, is it the beginner riders or the Pros that pit ride non-stop, and open it up all the time in the pits? Hmmm. Fast guys don't have anything to prove.

OldGuyonaQuad
08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
There is great deal of presumption of guilt towards the OP by many that don't know exactly what happened. How fast he was going, how much dust he kicked up nor why the pack was riding slow in the first place. IDK if they had a kid with them or not but I know if my 13 yeard old was with me and we are putting along an open road, I would pull over & waive a faster rider on through.

My bottom line is age here. If my two kids get into a fight sometimes I come down on the 17 yeard old heavier. Why? Because she is older and I expect more. Same goes here, these guys were in their twenties and possibly parents and they choose to roost the kid with gravel rather then pull over and ask to talk to him for a second and calmy explain what he did that upset them. The gift of communication is what seperates man from animal.

What amazes me is situations like these are the exception and not the rule. I find most everybody I encounter riding to be courteuous, helpful and friendly out on the trails and then I get in my car and I'm surrounded by idiots suffering from road rage (self included).

JR3
08-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2

+10!!!!!!!!!!!

HondaRacing83
08-11-2011, 07:28 PM
pshhh old guys