PDA

View Full Version : People selling on Classifieds

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Okay, I don't understand the logic of some people that post a classified. I was looking at a Logitech G27 for sale on the local classifieds and the price said $250 and it's used. So I thought it was a typo because I can order it for $234 online with free shipping. I text the guy and ask if he meant $150, he said no it's $250..... I told him it's $234 new so he responds, "I'll take $234 for it."........... Why would anyone pay new price for a used product?

Just had to rant I guess.

chucked
08-05-2011, 05:17 AM
I think what happens is everyone always lies about how much they bought/sold something for, causing others to think they can get the same deal so they post up crazy prices. Im trying to sell a one year old tool box I paid $3000 for, asking $1700, a guy offered me $150.... LOL. I said ok, but you have to find it first.

bergoff
08-05-2011, 07:26 AM
That's the problem with cl 75% of the people are morons. They can ask what ever price they want and hope some sucker buys it. I've had some luck on there and then but hassled like crazy when I sold my old Suzuki motorcycle. And 1700 for your toolbox sounds like a good deal.

chucked
08-05-2011, 07:48 AM
It's like new! Shouldn't have bought it...

HondaRacing83
08-05-2011, 09:02 AM
i come across that stuff all the time. awhile back there was a beat 04 400ex for 4k with no title.

chronicsmoke
08-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by chucked
I paid $3000 for, asking $1700, a guy offered me $150.... LOL. I said ok, but you have to find it first.

Haha I was selling an 08 KFX450 last winter, had it up on the local classifieds.

Some guy throws me a 1500 offer (I'm asking 5g)

I emailed him back "Yep I'll take it, but make sure you bring your mom with you, and she can make up the other $3500"

He emails me back saying "Really, you'll accept my offer!?"

I replied, "Yep, just dont forget to bring your mom. Make sure she showers first"

Once he realized what I meant he tried to come back with some pretty terrible lines, but i was too busy laughing to reply again. :devil:

ProspectorJim
08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Had my ktm 250sxf on Cl for months for $3800 a year ago. Its clean as hell, bikes only got 10 hours on it and comes with a bunch of extras. People kept emailing me or texting me with offers of $2800 and lower. The thing that pisses me off the most about Cl is the people that set up a time to look at the bike and never show up. I got so fed up that I kept the bike and got all the **** to turn it street legal.

HondaPohl
08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Well besides the morons that post these ad's there are just as many morons who will buy it!

finsteratv
08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
hmm maybe i'll get 2500 for my CR. definately.

CJM
08-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Theres this line I use when I sell stuff:
Im asking $X dollars, thats the price. You dont have it, want to offer it, need mom to pay for it-dont even bother Ill delete your email. The price is firm, dont ask about changing it.

Could be worse however. I once sold a BEAT TO HELL toyota 4runner. I mean it was basically parts. It ran and was mechanically sound but it needed more work than worth. Basically sold it for the drivetrain, I noted when selling it on CL to make sure you bring a way to tow it away-I wont let ya drive it off.

Guy comes down from about 2 hours away with a tow dolly and a truck. Ok thats cool I figure and offers me his AMEX card (it was at the shop I worked for). he couldnt understand why I wouldnt take it either? I had noted it was CASH only. WTF?? he also took over an hour to find the place with phone calls to me every 2 mins (I gave EXCELLENT directions-how hard is it to get off at a certain exit and follow the damn road for 10 miles to me??) So he leaves and calls me back next week and is coming again. No tow dolly this time I note and he has cash. I said wtf it had no title and was never reg/ins so I sold it. The idiot drove it home (I wonder if he ever made it I never heard from him again) with bad brakes, plates he put on it, the body was being held on with 2 out of 5 mounts, a tire with a plug in the sidewall, etc.

I laughed all the way to the bank!