PDA

View Full Version : Oil level rising

jackrb100
08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
My oil level seems to be rising but if I leave the bike for the night and look at the oil it's level is between low and high. If I start it up and let it run for 5 minutes the oil level is gone way up to the top and if it sits for couple minutes its up so far that I have to tilt the bike up alot to see the top off the oil. Also my tranny oil is not going down and I did the right side crank seal at the start of the season. Appreciate any help. Thanks

DnB_racing
08-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by jackrb100
My oil level seems to be rising but if I leave the bike for the night and look at the oil it's level is between low and high. If I start it up and let it run for 5 minutes the oil level is gone way up to the top and if it sits for couple minutes its up so far that I have to tilt the bike up alot to see the top off the oil. Also my tranny oil is not going down and I did the right side crank seal at the start of the season. Appreciate any help. Thanks an oil well, sell the extra oil your producing !!!lol

....no really oil does expand when hot, you might be adding a little to much,

as long as its mot milky then it probably just heat expansion,

what type of oil are you running a synth or carbon based?....ive noticed the carbon based dino oils to expand more then the synthetics

blacknblue#2
08-05-2011, 07:58 AM
As DNB said oil does expand under heat, which sounds like your case considering it drops back down when the quad sets again? Drain the oil and smell it. Could possibly be gas but not likely with the description you gave

jackrb100
08-07-2011, 10:49 AM
How do you know if theres fuel in it. And how would the fuel enter the oil. I use Motul 300v 10w40

blacknblue#2
08-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Drain it and see if it has a strong gas smell. If its gettin enough in it to raise the oil level then you should be able to smell it. Running extremely rich can cause you to get gas in your oil. Its slowly washing the cylinderwall out