PDA

View Full Version : Feeling human again

Pappy
08-03-2011, 07:40 AM
The last 5 weeks have been plain miserable. At one point I honestly thought I was headed to the hospital again:ermm:

It is allergies.....can not believe they will run you down so bad!

We have worked hard at eliminating things in the house that cause allergies, been more attentive to the dogs being inside and even installed a huge air filtration unit. Outside I cant do alot about due to being in such a drought that even a chicken running across the yard leaves a dust trail!

Someone on my facebook commented about the neighbors 900 round bales of hay stacked in front of the house(literally, 900 actual round bales). Now I am wondering if they have a huge impact on me as far as hay and mold go. I grew up on a farm bailing hay but as ive gotten older so have the allergies. I doubt there is anything I can do besides be a crappy neighbor.

Rant off, glad to be FINALLY feeling better but looking for other solutions as well.

Pappy
08-03-2011, 07:43 AM
And I do mean 900 bales LOL. This is from the front porch, and they extend to the left another 150 yards.

Honda#4
08-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Hay Fever I'm willing to bet is what you maybe experiencing Pap. IDK if your experiencing some of the symptoms below or not?

Symptoms of allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, frequently include nasal congestion, a clear runny nose, sneezing, nose and eye itching, and excess tear production in the eyes.

Just my .02

Pappy
08-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Well thats the screwed up part....

No real allergy symptoms.

I really noticed the first real sign the day of the Unadilla race. Woke up feeling yucky. Got roost in my eye and blamed the weep and crusty on that, even had to have some crap removed and flushed from that eye. Never really any congestion at all.

Doc tells me it is allergies however. At night, I am not sleeping. I mean I go to bed but my body is fighting the allergies and I get zero rest. So every day its a little worse and I get more run down. Last night I made some small changes on advice and what a difference! 1st night I have slept and actually got rest. I dont feel perfect but 100 times better. We looked at when I got really sick in 1989 and again in 2005 and both times I was having huge issues with no rest (getting wore out really bad) which opened the door for a virus to walk in and take over. Both times lead to me being hosptialized.

I did not realize that allergies get worse, or can get worse as one gets older, and that they can lead to things worse then they are themselves. This is a really bad year for them here, and we are geussing that since I am already impaired and have learned to slow down that it helped prevent things from getting full blown out of control. Waking up with numb arms and face isnt exactly a good feeling. It has been aweful. I think once I figure out a few things that help I will have to stick to a plan year round.

Aarons 01 400EX
08-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Have you had an allergy test done? Not the draw your blood and test, but the one where they put the needles all over your arms/back and see how you react?

I use Omnaris and it has helped me. I am not allergic to anything, except the change in the weather.

Tommy Warren
08-03-2011, 10:28 AM
I use a neti pot it cleans out your sinuses and gets rid of viruses in the nasal passages. hope this helps you feel better

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xp_2dVL9Srs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HondaRacing83
08-03-2011, 10:32 AM
ive had similar things going on lately, finally getting over it. i couldnt sleep much, i woke up feeling like a turd, had bad headaches,really really achy. i was spiking really high fevers to.

sly400ex
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
What was the advice you took that has helped? Sorry if I missed it. Any yes, go get tested for allergies and take meds or shots or whatever is out there to make you feel better. No sense in suffering!:p

Pappy
08-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Adding a nasal spray about an hour before bedtime. Worked like a champ.

Today has been double fold good as we finally got rain, all day more or less that will help knock down the pollen and such.

I felt better today then I have in months.....and hopefully a few more nights of actually getting restful sleep will be a godsend.

HondaPohl
08-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Glad your feelin better paps!

CJM
08-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear about the allergies, but Im glad to hear your feeling better :)

bens250ex
08-03-2011, 07:08 PM
im in the same boat as you pap. I am getting shots weekly and it seems to be getting worse. I take all sorts of pills all day everyday, take prescription nasal spray. It sucks i hate it. Deff runs me down and makes my tempor flair since i feel like chit most the time