PDA

View Full Version : International Shipping ?

mohler
08-02-2011, 07:09 PM
ok here's whats going on i sold a pair of elka elites on another site and sent them 1 mth ago to the day 7-2-11, to a guy in france. i didnt want to sell anything international but this guy keep asking and asking about them so i sold them to him. i have the customs number for tracking and everything. He says he still hasnt received them. How long does it take to get an item overseas?. i dont know if hes trying to scam me or what not. let me know your thoughts. the tracking number just says acceptance not delivered or anything like that.

HondaPohl
08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Never sent anything overseas but I do know that Shipments can sit in customs for months until it is processed.

jkiserracing
08-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I ship internationally nearly every day or at least 3 times a week.
Many times the customs number doesn't give you too much detailed info. (I am assuming you sent this USPS) As for sending a heavier package internationally via USPS, I usually say give it 4-6 weeks pending normal customs clearance.
BTW if you declared a high value on the customs forms, the buyer is more likely to pay duties (taxes) on the package....also that sometimes delays the transit time a little.

Thumpin440ex
08-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Yepper, customs is a PITA on some things, they SIT...

John

Pappy
08-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Same here, 6 weeks is not uncommon.

I can get USPS International priority to japan in just a few days.....I started using them for most international shipping. Had a duck call take almost 8 weeks to italy, but the guy was very understanding.

mohler
08-03-2011, 03:12 PM
B.S Today this guy just filed a claim on his payment with paypal. and they subtracted 650.00 from my account which put me in the negative , wtf

HondaPohl
08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Dont they realize getting through customs can take a bit of time?

Cobra45
08-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I filed a complaint after 45 days because I can not do anything with paypal and I do not want either to lose my money and have nothing.

Obviously if I have the parts by the you recover your money I am not a thief because I never stop to contact you for news of the parts and I have even called at home.

And as you can see in my mail, the french post send me a letter home to tell me that you had to file a claim.

jkiserracing
08-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Cobra45, I am assuming you are the buyer. Im sure you know (or should know) that you might as well give any item you buy coming to you from another country, at least 6 weeks to arrive. Of course its risky buying internationally shipped items but its just as risky for the seller. If he provided you with the customs number at the very least, you should have waited a litttle longer and kept in touch with the seller periodically.
I don't think you were very fair to your buyer by opening up a pay pal complaint all ready.

Tommy Warren
08-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Cobra45
I filed a complaint after 45 days because I can not do anything with paypal and I do not want either to lose my money and have nothing.

Obviously if I have the parts by the you recover your money I am not a thief because I never stop to contact you for news of the parts and I have even called at home.

And as you can see in my mail, the french post send me a letter home to tell me that you had to file a claim.

put a hold on your claim until it gets figured out....this guy looks like he doesn't want to screw you

mohler
08-04-2011, 03:47 AM
its was only 32 days aswell not 45 days package was shipped july 2nd.

Cobra45
08-07-2011, 02:59 PM
The suspensions is arrived.

I canceled my dispute and Mohler get his money I am not a thief.

If I file a dispute because I received a letter saying he has a claim on the package.

thank you and sorry for my english.