PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the clutch

JsnEX
02-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Does anyone know how to adjust the clutch handle on a 2001 400EX? I have to squeeze the clutch handle in all the way before it'll even start to engage.

310Rduner
02-22-2003, 11:44 PM
theres an adjuster along where the cable attaches to the handle. you should be able to just screw it out more to get more action, then make sure to lock it back in.

if you take it out as far as possible and it still doesnt engage, you need to adjust it where it attaches to the motor.

to do that its a similar principle, just un-tighten the bolt that should be closer to the front of your bike, then the other one and pull it further from the engine. you will most likely have to adjust the other after doing this for sure.

i probably mis-directed something there, been awhile since i did mine.

JsnEX
02-22-2003, 11:46 PM
thanks alot for the help! i'll give it a try!

02-22-2003, 11:46 PM
Squeezing the clutch pull will disengage the clutch and releasing it will engage the clutch.

You can adjust it by turning the thumb wheel on the clutch perch where the cable goes in, and if that doesnt give enough adjustment you can also adj the cable on the other end just under the exhaust.

If you still have problems do a search on clutches as there was a good thread on this in the past that should answer any further problems.

310Rduner
02-22-2003, 11:47 PM
np im still in the i dont know how to do things myself spot hehe.

but its all about learning