PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware: solemex123

danhung11
08-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Just thought I'd throw this out to the community so you don't have to waste your time with this eBay member. Unreal if you ask me...

The message is below that he sent me after the auction ended. Keep in mind, he bid on this item about 4 days before it ended and had time to retract his bid, or if they still alow that.

At any rate, thought I would prevent the guys in the R section from having to waste their time.

Dear danhung11,

i dont want to buy

- solemex123

TRX 250R 400EX Lonestar Racing Bearing Carrier Swingarm

Buyer:

solemex123 (4)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Jul-06-11 in United States

Buyer email address:

andres_10882@hotmail.com

danhung11
08-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Forgot to mention... I cannot report an unpaid item until Aug 4, 2011. I am sure it will take eBay 4-6 weeks to come through with refunding my fees.

Classic eBay...

superman
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
His feedback % should drop drastically when you report on his failure to pay, he had only 4 prior transactions or feedbacks, so he'd instantly drop to 80%!! Good luck Dan!

addictedtomud
08-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Danhung: sorry to hear this happened to you...
Superman: Unfortunately, eBay is way biased in favor of Buyers, not sellers.

Danhung will not have the option of leaving him negative feedback. And reporting him as a deadbeat bidder wont ding his feedback either. He will basically get away with it unscathed. I have basically given up on the idea of punishing the deadbeat because it has been in-effective in the past.

When this happens to me I just get the deadbeat to mutually agree to cancel the transaction. That way my fees are returned faster. Then I put the deadbeat on my blocked bidder list so they can never bid on my items again!:devil:

dquarton
08-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes, as an ebay seller you are basically a POS on the wall. They take their fees and if you have any issues at all with buyers you are SOL. They really have their heads up their A**es. Sadly, they are really the only medium of selling parts that generates a worldide and very large audience, and they know it.

dquarton
08-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Dan, thanks for posting this. I like the idea of posting deadbeat bidders on the forums. It would be great if we could all put these idiots on our blocked list!! I will add this guy......

danhung11
08-02-2011, 05:30 AM
addictedtomud - thanks for the suggestions, I think that's a great idea. The fact he has 4 feedback(s) leads me to believe he has possibly done this before.

Dale - I think that's a grand idea, he's going to be added to my blocked list as well. It would help to have a sticky in the classified section so this community is up to date on all the shasters. What do you say Mods?

superman - this is the only time I've had an eBay member flat out tell me he wasn't going to buy. It's more of an inconvenience than anything. eBay should block IP addresses, rather than usernames. Then again, they are money driven so it's highly unlikely that will happen.

Thumpin440ex
08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have always done well as a seller on ebay if I had a un paid winner.. If it is bold black and white, you have emails to show your case, it is fast and easy.. Sorry that happened, but it does.. I do not know what is up with some people not knowing how to communicate..

John

danhung11
08-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Just an update to this thread...

I spoke to a live representative at eBay. This member, solemex123 was blocked from my list, and I have filed an open case to obtain my fees. If he keeps up this practice, he will have his IP address suspended which basically means no more from that PC. With 2 unpaid items, he is suspended indefinitely.

Another member, ekle9187, paid me to an incorrect PayPal address. I told him the correct one, then he sends it again to the incorrect one, but $3 less because of some fee - what fee?. The third email, he tells me he is not going to pay. WTF?

At any rate, I obtained my fees for the first item. I am now working to get his 2nd strike against him.

Cheers!