PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carb-ATV-DO NOT BUY!!!!

Minndave13
08-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Contacted Edelbrock today to try to get a pump shot screw. Was told that Edelbrock killed their Atv/Motorcycle Carb division and sold all their spare parts to ATV Galaxy. Called ATV Galaxy and they have very few parts left, (no screw). I would not purchase a Edelbrock carb for a atv or a motorcycle because if you ever need parts for it you will be SOL like I am.

HondaPohl
08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
They were scrap from the get go. They should of kept to cars.

beastlywarrior
08-01-2011, 10:21 PM
they never ran right the only carb youll need is an fcr

Kovatch
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
My buddy ran an oversized Edelbrock on his Predator and it was nothing but a PITA!! Sucks to hear how their ATV line was junk compared to the automotive line...

You might be able to try some Polaris dealerships/motorsports places? I can't say that they have anything, but Concord Motorsports in Concord, OH might have something laying around. Warren is the mechanic, they do a lot of Polaris stuff.

It's a long shot, but they might have something laying around.

Langbolt
08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
I have an Exploded Diagram of the internals of the Quiksilver Carb in PDF format - I can e-mail it if you need a copy

Most screws are SAE (8-32 x 1/2 button head) and can be bought at an Industrial supplier

Yeah....It sucks that they scrapped them!

It took me a while to get mine dialed it.....but once I did it works amazing and it's nice to have the external adjustments!

:devil:

Minndave13
08-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Yea I really like the carb. It does perform well and it is alot better than stock. I like how easy it is to adjust and in that department I am doing fine (luckily I was able to get enough needles to adjust the carb). I just wish that Edelbrock had better customer service, every time I had to contact them it was nothing but a hassle. Originally I bought the carb off of another guy that bought a beat up quad off of craig's list. They were fixing up the quad back to original so I traded my stock carb for the Eddy. I should have taken a closer look at the quad then I would have realized that the previous owners were either twikkers or young kids that didn't give a damn (Every part was Macgivered on the Quad). How the quad even ran I do not know. After all said and done I am not displeased on the performance of the carb I just wish I could get the parts I need because someone else screwed them up. With the help of you guys and another member of my club it looks like I should be able to get the part repaired or replaced and I will be good to go. At that point all the parts on the quad will be in good condition and I shouldn't have to worry about the carb for awhile (hopefully). Thanks for the help.

Thumpin440ex
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
They were trash, even there car parts are starting to become crappy. They are simply starting to be that ride on the name companies :( A stock or modded fcr or lectron is all ya need..

John

SpasticR450
08-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Edelbrock years ago got talked bad about. FCR

400exrip
08-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Yep they are junk that's why I stick to the Curtis Sparks FCR on my bikes

And I also think the reason FCR carbs work so good is because most stock carbs on most bikes are Keihin carbs
and keihin is who makes the FCR.

So it's just like a stock carb but oversized.

ALAMX37
08-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by 400exrip
Yep they are junk that's why I stick to the Curtis Sparks FCR on my bikes

And I also think the reason FCR carbs work so good is because most stock carbs on most bikes are Keihin carbs
and keihin is who makes the FCR.

So it's just like a stock carb but oversized.

Really, please tell me more.