PDA

View Full Version : a little history lesson :)

Tommy Warren
08-01-2011, 10:14 AM
When NASA first planned to send up astronauts, they quickly
discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity.

To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $1.2
billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down,
underwater, on almost any surface including glass, and at temperatures
ranging from below freezing to +300 C.

Confronted with the same problem, the Canadians used a pencil

Chico
08-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Canada Sucks Becuase

10) The government is Canada is so “sit on the fence”. They don’t war, they don’t invade, they even reluctantly give aid to others that want to war. Just for a few years I think we should let the Commies run Canada to see what will happen, then kick ‘em out so the fascists can run it for a bit… Just to spice things up!

9) Whats with the bloody liberal drug policies? Why is it someone can walk down a city street puffing on a joint while in the States, you’d be arrested and have your skull dashed in for the trouble!

Why is the Canadian population so relaxed? I think they are in need to have some of their freedoms taken from them. Just to show ‘em who’s boss.

7) Its a horrible empty waste land of majestic lakes, forests and mountain ranges! Where’s the cities? The people?

6) What the hell is “eh”? What does it even mean..?

eh
interj.

1.Used in asking a question or in seeking repetition or confirmation of a statement.
2.Chiefly Canadian. Used to ascertain or reinforce a listener’s interest or agreement.
oh…

5) Why are Canadians so proud of hockey? Why should they be? Its a pansy sport and its not like they are good at it! They should all play billiards! There’s a real mans sport to let of some aggression and steam.

4) They have a Queen!WTF!

3) WTF is with beavers? What eats them? Moose (or is it Mooses or Meese?)? All beavers do are eat trees! We should hunt them to the last one before they destroy the forests!

2) Free health care…pfft. They need to pay an extra few hundred if that on their taxes and it covers all their doctor fees. Why should I need to pay for other peoples health care!?

1) Quebec. Let them break away! Then we’ll just have to jump off the fence, invade the *******s and annex them!

yellowzo3
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

I hope they don't have any left handed astronauts. Any lefty's on the site will know what I mean ;)

HondaPohl
08-01-2011, 02:27 PM
hmmm.

motofreak2772
08-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Has Canada ever even been to space??

CJM
08-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Last I recall that joke wasnt with the US and Canada but with the USSR (aka Russia)

Stiles86
08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
canadians were right next to us sheding blood on the beaches of normandy.... there white grave stones look just like ours... just to answere #10 theye were also stationed with my unit in afganastan in 2006 and a canadian holds the world record sniper kill

tjsdaname
08-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Last I recall that joke wasnt with the US and Canada but with the USSR (aka Russia)

yeah, thats what I was going to say...

Tommy Warren
08-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Chico
Canada Sucks Becuase

10) The government is Canada is so “sit on the fence”. They don’t war, they don’t invade, they even reluctantly give aid to others that want to war. Just for a few years I think we should let the Commies run Canada to see what will happen, then kick ‘em out so the fascists can run it for a bit… Just to spice things up!

(yeah we are right beside the americans in every war....)

9) Whats with the bloody liberal drug policies? Why is it someone can walk down a city street puffing on a joint while in the States, you’d be arrested and have your skull dashed in for the trouble!

(weed is just as illegal over here as it is over there...)

Why is the Canadian population so relaxed? I think they are in need to have some of their freedoms taken from them. Just to show ‘em who’s boss.

(we don't border mexico.....nobody can jump our borders)

7) Its a horrible empty waste land of majestic lakes, forests and mountain ranges! Where’s the cities? The people?

(10% of canada is fresh water and the US is stealing it from our great lakes)

(eh is a short form for "ya know what I mean" or how the Americans say "ya kno wha I sayyyyyn?"

eh
interj.

1.Used in asking a question or in seeking repetition or confirmation of a statement.
2.Chiefly Canadian. Used to ascertain or reinforce a listener’s interest or agreement.
oh…

5) Why are Canadians so proud of hockey? Why should they be? Its a pansy sport and its not like they are good at it! They should all play billiards! There’s a real mans sport to let of some aggression and steam.

( I hate hockey but I enjoy it more than football)

(I don't think she's ever been here)

3) WTF is with beavers? What eats them? Moose (or is it Mooses or Meese?)? All beavers do are eat trees! We should hunt them to the last one before they destroy the forests!

(beavers are the architects of the animal species...one of the most intellegent...thats why they stay up here, the plural for moose is moose..get over it)

2) Free health care…pfft. They need to pay an extra few hundred if that on their taxes and it covers all their doctor fees. Why should I need to pay for other peoples health care!?

( if the USA wasn't beyond bankrupt you would have it too)

1) Quebec. Let them break away! Then we’ll just have to jump off the fence, invade the *******s and annex them!

(i agree...)

smr
08-02-2011, 06:09 AM
I fought beside the Canadians in Iraq.

Guys..this whole thread is a joke. They actually used a sharpy. For those old enough to remember That was sharpy's big advertisement back in the day. They also drank tang and took sudafed......you old guys know what I'm talking about.

buck440
08-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Canada Sucks Becuase

eh
interj.

oh…

godzilla
08-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Canada Sucks Becuase

Tell that to the Canadians in Iraq right now losing their lives for a war started by the US...

better a joint than a gun...

8)Why is the Canadian population so relaxed? I think they are in need to have some of their freedoms taken from them. Just to show ‘em who’s boss.

:rolleyes:

and Kansas is what?

eh
interj.

oh…

like " eh, whats with the hate from Americans?"

Pansy sport? Id like to have you on the ice with me for 3 minutes just to see who the pansy is...

un, no we dont. Did you fail history? and Geography?

you have probably never seen a beaver, and probably never will.

2) Free health care…pfft. They need to pay an extra few hundred if that on their taxes and it covers all their doctor fees. Why should I need to pay for other peoples health care!? [/B]

Health care is not a privelage, its a right.

1) Quebec. Let them break away! Then we’ll just have to jump off the fence, invade the *******s and annex them! [/B]

ummm....I actually agree with this one.

blaster12s
08-03-2011, 06:39 AM
if the lead broke off the pencil then it could very well destroy the computer systems in space.

chronicsmoke
08-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Canada Sucks Becuase

OH CANADA! :D :bandit: :tired:

Tommy Warren
08-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
OH CANADA! :D :bandit: :tired:

your from cornwall? I'm in kemptville:cool:

chronicsmoke
08-03-2011, 09:48 PM
your from cornwall? I'm in kemptville:cool:

Yeah I'm from the cig'ret and other contraband smuggling capital of Canada, haha.

But being on the border allows me easy access to the USA for cheap parts, from the classifieds section and eBay. :D

Tommy Warren
08-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah I'm from the cig'ret and other contraband smuggling capital of Canada, haha.

But being on the border allows me easy access to the USA for cheap parts, from the classifieds section and eBay. :D

how do you get stuff accross the border? do you have a friend on the other side? I live 20 minutes from the states but I've never wanted to go over there...I was there once when I was about 5.

oh and if you have any 450r parts or raptor 660 stuff for sale let me know before you post it up. I can drive down there in 45 minutes and my raptor motor is being rebuilt/built in moose creek right now :)

chronicsmoke
08-04-2011, 05:58 AM
how do you get stuff accross the border? do you have a friend on the other side? I live 20 minutes from the states but I've never wanted to go over there...I was there once when I was about 5.

oh and if you have any 450r parts or raptor 660 stuff for sale let me know before you post it up. I can drive down there in 45 minutes and my raptor motor is being rebuilt/built in moose creek right now :)

I use the"Ship it Shop" in Massena, NY. No delay at the border, and most times the customs agent doesn't want to go through the hassle of claiming used parts so I get away free of charge :cool:

Who is building your Raptor? Sounds like a job for Jerry/Jonny Jans haha, they have their own race shop and set up their own bikes (Including making their own a-arms, bumpers ect.. )

Tommy Warren
08-04-2011, 07:36 AM
I use the"Ship it Shop" in Massena, NY. No delay at the border, and most times the customs agent doesn't want to go through the hassle of claiming used parts so I get away free of charge :cool:

Who is building your Raptor? Sounds like a job for Jerry/Jonny Jans haha, they have their own race shop and set up their own bikes (Including making their own a-arms, bumpers ect.. )

yep its Gerry :D he did it last year but the 04 tranny blew second gear so I bought a yukon gear set and he's doing a 3 spark plug head and some crazy porting for me. they are good guys. do you get work done there?

chronicsmoke
08-04-2011, 08:20 AM
yep its Gerry :D he did it last year but the 04 tranny blew second gear so I bought a yukon gear set and he's doing a 3 spark plug head and some crazy porting for me. they are good guys. do you get work done there?

No i personally don't.. my buddy/sponsor helps me out alot.. but if he ever gets tired of playing with my stuff (he's getting up there in age, 55+) then I'll probably go to Jans'.. They do most of their work on Yamaha's. But they are friends of the family too, so I like keeping on their good side.. They are definitely good guys to work/race with.

I think Jon went 1-1 at North Augusta last weekend.. He used to flat track race all over the place, but they cancelled most of the events this year..

Tommy Warren
08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
yeah I got there just as they where packing up to go home...but he did good and his neighbour was racing one of his other YFZ's and didn't do to bad either. Gerry was there with his rhino 660 that has a raptor head and carbs....its supposed to be crazy. I went to watch them race ovals in quebec and jon does very well at that. He wins with the raptor 660, jumps right onto his YFZ, wins with that, then jumps right onto his banshee and wins again... Gerry wanted me to race the raptor for him but I didn't want to travel.

chronicsmoke
08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
yeah I got there just as they where packing up to go home...but he did good and his neighbour was racing one of his other YFZ's and didn't do to bad either. Gerry was there with his rhino 660 that has a raptor head and carbs....its supposed to be crazy. I went to watch them race ovals in quebec and jon does very well at that. He wins with the raptor 660, jumps right onto his YFZ, wins with that, then jumps right onto his banshee and wins again... Gerry wanted me to race the raptor for him but I didn't want to travel.

I went in June, I was going to go on the Saturday, but I was camping and Sunday, (as a result of camping) I was hungover as ballls and was not driving all the way to Maitland haha.

It's pretty bush league there anyway.. I like MX way more than TT..

you should hit me up when your Raptor is ready and I'll meet you in Moose Creek to ride some of the sand pits

buck440
08-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Stiles86
canadians were right next to us sheding blood on the beaches of normandy.... there white grave stones look just like ours... just to answere #10 theye were also stationed with my unit in afganastan in 2006 and a canadian holds the world record sniper kill

from hearing his interview it was luck. he himself said it was luck. he had his scope adjustments maxed out so he was shooting blindly. he also fired multiple shots and missed multiple times.

he even ran out of ammo and had to use american ammo which he said was better than the canadian ammo he was shooting and got the kill with good'ole quality American ammo:) i guess cANadIanS don't go by 1 shot 1 kill lol.

chronicsmoke
08-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by buck440
from hearing his interview it was luck. he himself said it was luck. he had his scope adjustments maxed out so he was shooting blindly. he also fired multiple shots and missed multiple times.

he even ran out of ammo and had to use american ammo which he said was better than the canadian ammo he was shooting and got the kill with good'ole quality American ammo:) i guess cANadIanS don't go by 1 shot 1 kill lol.

Canadians don't go by who's got a bigger gun in their pocket either ;)

Lets not turn this into a CAN vs USA pissing match. Of course everyone thinks their country is better, it's called pride.

Unless you're an unbiased immegrant that has lived in BOTH countries, your biased opinion is not needed.

fastredrider44
08-04-2011, 09:39 AM
No need for a pissing match is right. And Godzilla, not all Americans hate Canadians.

Tommy Warren
08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
I went in June, I was going to go on the Saturday, but I was camping and Sunday, (as a result of camping) I was hungover as ballls and was not driving all the way to Maitland haha.

It's pretty bush league there anyway.. I like MX way more than TT..

you should hit me up when your Raptor is ready and I'll meet you in Moose Creek to ride some of the sand pits

you have lots of sand pits up there? \i have paddles but I only use them in the winter cuz we have no sand here. I usually ride in prescott thats where I keep my bike at my buddies house...he has a trx450r. we'll have to get together. how old are you anyways?

chronicsmoke
08-04-2011, 12:00 PM
you have lots of sand pits up there? \i have paddles but I only use them in the winter cuz we have no sand here. I usually ride in prescott thats where I keep my bike at my buddies house...he has a trx450r. we'll have to get together. how old are you anyways?

I'm 22, and in Cornwall, theres not really any sand.. But moose Creek is all sand. the trick is to go with people that have permission to be in there to avoid fines..

I dont usually go out to Moose Creek though, I used to live closer when I was in the country, but now that I'm in the city, I pretty much only ride MX

Tommy Warren
08-04-2011, 04:15 PM
you have MX tracks over there?:eek:

chronicsmoke
08-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Yep. I help a buddy maintain a track that I ride every 2nd or 3rd day. It's a 1:50 second lap time so it's big enough..

I also ride a track beside Calypso (big *** water park in Limoges), and I know the guy that owns the Harrowsmith track on the MMRS Series, and it happens to he 5 minutes from my cottage up in Kingston so I ride there a bit too..

MX is where it's at :D

Tommy Warren
08-04-2011, 07:18 PM
I've never been on a track I'd love to try it.... we should ride sometime...