PDA

View Full Version : fmf q talk

beastlywarrior
08-01-2011, 08:22 AM
what makes it quiet? they say theres different packing but is there something in the endcap like a removable quiet core

SpasticR450
08-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Im not sure on the pipe. But a turn down always shows up more quiet on a DB meter idk if its more quiet to ears or not. Packing dont play much of a facter in making an exhaust quiet you could use old socks if you wanted to just needs to be rapped tight. The smaller the exhaust core the more quiet it will be to. And a lot of pipes do have a quiet core thing that is in the end cap that you can remove.

beastlywarrior
08-07-2011, 03:11 PM
i know i have a quiet core and i made a turndown for mine but i want people with a q muffler to give their opinion

honda400ex2003
08-07-2011, 07:29 PM
theres more internal baffling and chambers along with a decent spark arrestor to make them quiet. i would recommend them to anyone looking for a quiet exhaust. i really like mine and would put it at 90 db give or take. it has an arrestor that come out on the end also with a bolt.

steve

Zakradu398
08-08-2011, 08:50 AM
My yoshi pipe has a removable endtip with a spark arrestor on it which quiets it significantly compared to it without it.