PDA

View Full Version : a-arms and suspension?

trx450Rgncc
07-31-2011, 10:06 PM
alright so im going to start xc racing and local harescrambles and i was just wondering what are the best a arms and suspension for woods riding... for suspension i need ideas... but for a-arms ive heard good things about atv fourplay... i need some oppinions thanks

300racer
08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
stock a arms and revalved stock shocks are the best for the money. imo it is cheap to maintain through the year and work just as good as any brand shock if you have them valved right. and gt thunder with hls shocks is a good set up also.

hondamatic4588
08-01-2011, 06:35 PM
i have gregs atv stock rebuilds on stock a-arms but i have 04-05 upper stock a-arms, hubs and spindles and yes its cheap to maintain stock, you can find new take off a arms dirt cheap, i also use helm bushings in my a arms that are drilled and tapped for grease fittings

MossboysRacing
08-01-2011, 06:58 PM
i have ran both revalves and aftermarket. i had the derisi revalves front and rear with stock a-arms and they worked great, a huge difference than pure stock shocks. i started in the c class. through the years and the faster i became i started seeing the limits of the stock suspension. i wore out the balljoints in the a-arms faster which requires full a-arm replacement. i got tired of replacing a-arms. i would reccomend max ground clearance a-arms, like atv fourplays, housers slicast, arsfx, teixera tech are all great a-arms. all using replaceable balljoints from cars. you can find all those used from other racers, just ask around at the race. or ebay or craigslist. same with shocks, find them used and have them set up for you and your a-arm brand.

THR36
08-01-2011, 07:45 PM
i put on ars fx a arms and exit shocks and i am very happy with it.

go to zbrozracing.com
or call them 435-753-7774

nice people to work with, and if you need any help with setup you just call and they help you with whatever you need.

desratt
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Laeger now has max ground clearance type arms, I prefer their t pin front end with works pro g4s

XC_Racer_129
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I got a set of used Houser LT +.5 arms and PEP shocks for $400 and they work amazing. I've always heard good things about PEP so I figured I would try them. Pretty much all aftermarket front shocks do wonders for quads.

I know alot of people that run revalved fronts and half love them, half hate them. I never ran revalved stock fronts, but I got the GT Thunder revalve with the high flow piston on the rear of my quad and I absolutely love it. No complaints about it. They did the rear on my 400 too without the high flow piston and that worked good enough to get me through C class.

scotturban
08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I run fox shocks, like them pretty good

400exrip
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Your information in this post has been deleted as it has been deemed advertising for which you are not entitled to do. Only paid advertisers of this site may openly advertise their products and or services. If you would like to become an advertiser on this website, please contact webmaster@atvriders.com via email.

While it is not our intention to prevent information on this website, we have to protect those that support our endeavors through payment for the right to advertise here. Your company doesnt exist on giving your product or service away for free, just as ours doesnt operate without expenses therefore we can not allow free advertising.

For a reminder to you, our rules are listed at the bottom of every page. Thank you for your understanding.

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

400exrip
08-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Man oh my god I can't even say a Company's name to help someone out?

And by the way I was not advertising for anyone I was just putting a company's name in that made great A-Arms.

this site sure has some stupid rules.

hondarider421
09-23-2011, 07:59 PM
iv ran stock revalved standard travel and long travel and hands down aftermarket rides much better but cost alot more if u wanna go cheap and all i say revalve but if ur gonna keep with it and go bigger just invest in atleast standard travel arms and shocks the lt makes even more improvement but not needed if u not goin as big as u can but u gotta do wat fits ur budget