PDA

View Full Version : pro armor kill switch shorting my R?

Renato250r
07-31-2011, 06:06 PM
I cannot get my trx250r to start, if the prob is my pro design kill switch would I get spark when I kick? I have a pro design installed and I am wondering if something is up with it. I wanna use an inline spark tester to see if I am getting spark...already cleaned out the carb and changed the plug and coil

DnB_racing
07-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Renato250r
I cannot get my trx250r to start, if the prob is my pro design kill switch would I get spark when I kick? I have a pro design installed and I am wondering if something is up with it. I wanna use an inline spark tester to see if I am getting spark...already cleaned out the carb and changed the plug and coil if your asking if you would still have spark at the plug with your tether shorting out, no if your shorting out you will have no spark

disconnect it if you feel its bad

deathman53
08-01-2011, 04:22 AM
there are 2 types of tether cords, normally open and normally closed. You want the one that when the cord in in, the circuit is open(I think that is normally closed).

Renato250r
08-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
there are 2 types of tether cords, normally open and normally closed. You want the one that when the cord in in, the circuit is open(I think that is normally closed).

well I have the one that when the cord is in the bike starts, when the ring comes loose it kills the engine, which is better? Im going to try and test for spark today and see whats going on
thanks

DnB_racing
08-01-2011, 06:26 AM
there are 2 types of tether cords, normally open and normally closed. You want the one that when the cord in in, the circuit is open(I think that is normally closed). the contacts on teather switches are called and rated a little different then a set of regular electrical contacts,

the teather needed for the trx and actually the 250r and 450r and the 400ex are all classified similar to a dead-man switch,

on regular contacts normally open and normally closed is measured in the deenergized position,

on a dead man switch the NORMAL position is run, pulling the switch will kill and thats not the normal run position.and on the 250r it has to be open to run, so the switch needed is called a normally open,

the normal position is with the teather key installed..

I know its actually backwards from electric ratings, but that's how a dead-man switch is rated

C41Xracer
08-01-2011, 06:48 AM
pull your teather out and try to start it

Renato250r
08-05-2011, 10:29 AM
so i got an inline spark plug tester and I am not getting any spark, i tested it 1st on my dirtbike to make sure it worked, I tried getting spark with the tether pulled out of the kill switch and also in, I am guessing I have a short or bad wire... anyone near me in new jersey wanna make a few bucks?

deathman53
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
where in NJ? I can help you out if you need it. Extra coils, 2-3 harnesses, a couple cdi's. I'm in Englishtown, but I'm usually in Jackson, Manchester, Warren Grove, bass river forest, BB forest or warton during the weekend.

Renato250r
08-05-2011, 12:53 PM
where in NJ? I can help you out if you need it. Extra coils, 2-3 harnesses, a couple cdi's. I'm in Englishtown, but I'm usually in Jackson, Manchester, Warren Grove, bass river forest, BB forest or warton during the weekend.

im 1/2 mile from exit 88 on the gs pkwy, im not handy at all, what would you charge me to come down and get it running? i replaced the coil and cap, the stator (or maybe it was the flywheel) only has about 3-4 hrs on it, bought it brand new a few yrs back. im thinkin a short, a loose wire, bad kill switch..renato250r@aol.com