PDA

View Full Version : rockstar team

stevestauff
07-31-2011, 05:53 PM
any news if the rockstar team will be back next year ? it would be awsome if they were.would close alot of mouths.

LTR450_#67
07-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Unlikely......from the sounds of it....Suzuki can barely afford Ryan Dungey and it looks like they might not have a MX team for SX or MX....plus Suzuki doesn't make the LTR450 anymore.

turdboy
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I have an LTR and love it but you gotta hand it to Can-Am. They have had the most support this year and they have the MOJO!

Kovatch
08-05-2011, 08:56 AM
It's tough to support a full blown race team without a machine to support it. No sales = no money. Granted they [Suzuki] have a solid SX/MX team, but without having the additional revenue from LTR sales, they aren't going to do much. Look at Honda: no "new" model in the USA for 2 years and they aren't supporting as much as they did for the Nationals. Kawi is almost non-existant since Hetrick switch. Polaris: gone. KTM: gone.

Can-Am says we will devote tons of cash to get our stuff out there and it's working. Almost the perfect thing for them with Honda & Suzuki out of the game, until Honda's 2012 is released and/or a revamped TRX450r. You also can't do much to the computer on the Can-Am without Motoworks getting involved.. alomost like a scam, if you'd ask me.

stevestauff
08-08-2011, 05:13 PM
how do you know they wont make any more ltrs after all the legal stuff is worked out?

bigbad400
08-08-2011, 07:50 PM
its a emissions controll thing they will be stomping down on all models and probably want them to run on e85 or something stupid befor they will remake them. its a far cry with our economy and the way the world is today. but hey i could be wrong...:rolleyes:

Kovatch
08-09-2011, 07:55 AM
^Agreed. If they work out the emissions thing they will probably come out with some quad (suzuki), whether it's an LTR or coded something else.

@ Steve he stated, "plus Suzuki doesn't make the LTR450 anymore." Anymore meaning at this time and for 2012. To say they [Suzuki] scrapped the idea & will NOT produce them is not what he said. Just that they are not making them at the moment & have not released anything stating they [Suzuki] will make an LTR for 2012.

stevestauff
08-09-2011, 07:27 PM
all we can do is wait and see how they deal with it.hope they can come up with something soon.