PDA

View Full Version : 400ex stock carb jetting

Hardcore Icon
02-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone,

The Icon is planning on removing the K&N air filter from his Honda 400ex for several reasons and wants to know what the original jetting specs are for the 400ex.

Right now the Icon's 400ex is stock except for the filter, and has a 155 main in it. The Icon has heard that stock is a 148, but a couple people have suggested that the 148 was actually too small and it should be a 150.

Also, what would the stock needle clip position be?

The Icon has not taken the carb apart to see where the needle is yet, and can't remember if it was moved when the filter was installed.

By the way, elevation here is about 300 feet above sea level.

Thanks,

Icon

JOEX
02-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Pilot 38
main 148 up to 5000 feet
142 3000-8000 feet
Needle at 3rd from the top

Still hanging around USENET?

Joe

Hardcore Icon
02-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Joe,

Thanks for the info! The Icon has been looking around for it for a while now on the net....

The Icon will put it back down to 148 main and just check it and make sure it's not too lean. Probably will be fine.

The Icon is still hanging around Usenet. On alt.atv to be specific.... you ever post there?

Thanks again man,

Icon

JOEX
02-22-2003, 09:09 PM
People say that the 400 comes lean from the factory but I can't tell you for sure.
I don't have news sevice with my ISP:( and i haven't been able to get used to the web based servers. Do you know of any good ones (free of course;) )?

Joe

Hardcore Icon
02-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Joe,

The Icon is going to check and double check when changing the jetting to make sure it's not lean with the 148. If it is then maybe a 150 will take care of it.

About the USENET posting, the Icon see's a guy post all the time and this is attached to his posts;

*** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com ***

Not sure if you can figure out how to use that or not. Sounds like it is something that you have to put into your Outlook Express..... the Icon is really not sure, but it does say FREE! haha

Hope that helps you out!

Be cool,

Icon

JOEX
02-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks...I'm fairly good at figuring things out:p ...it'll give me something to do... and it's free:D

Joe

Hardcore Icon
02-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Joe,

Good to see that you were able to post on alt.atv

You can use Google to read the group if you are not able to with your newsreader. It's not instant, but they update it at least a few times a day.

Be cool,

Icon