PDA

View Full Version : Skidplate Issues

dxcody
07-31-2011, 01:24 AM
So, my quad is almost completely redone.
I had it down to the frame, nothing else.
Went through the motor and everything seems to be ok.
Started putting it back together.
Got alot done today.
Just waiting on my exhaust i bought off of unlucky13 a fellow member.

So then i went ahead and put on the skid plate. I fastened it down pretty tight. I mean after all its a skid plate, i dont think there is a torc setting.

And it wouldnt roll. I tired to push it and nothing. Well i looked and the bottom of my rotor is against the skid plate.

Do i just beat it out with a hammer or what? and now i am worried that, if i hit something it will bend up and rub my rotor... What do i do?

dxcody
07-31-2011, 01:26 AM
Here she is... It feels good to know everything is put on right now.

CJM
07-31-2011, 05:50 AM
I used some thick washers for mine and longer bolts to space it out slightly.

Stickman400
07-31-2011, 12:48 PM
I did what CJM did also. I tried beating it with a hammer at first but it barely moved it.

fearlessfred
07-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
So, my quad is almost completely redone.
I had it down to the frame, nothing else.
Went through the motor and everything seems to be ok.
Started putting it back together.
Got alot done today.
Just waiting on my exhaust i bought off of unlucky13 a fellow member.

So then i went ahead and put on the skid plate. I fastened it down pretty tight. I mean after all its a skid plate, i dont think there is a torc setting.

And it wouldnt roll. I tired to push it and nothing. Well i looked and the bottom of my rotor is against the skid plate.

Do i just beat it out with a hammer or what? and now i am worried that, if i hit something it will bend up and rub my rotor... What do i do? did you put a new chain on

dxcody
07-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Nope my chain that is on there is fairly new, eventually i am going to get a DID Xring.

And CJM i will doo that. I have quarter inch spacers already on it (may have came with the skid plate im not sure) so i will throw a few more washer on the inside of it and i will let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks!

~Cody~

Scro
07-31-2011, 06:14 PM
You may have your carrier upside down. Make sure the hole that the carrier rides in is toward the sky, and not the ground. This would give you the extra clearance you need.

87HONDATRX250X
07-31-2011, 10:27 PM
ive bent my pro armor rear skid when racing a few times and got a nice grove from the router making a trench. I just took mine off and put it in a vice and beat on it with a small sledge seemed to work. Thats just me tho. Washers are a good idea tho. I should try that.

Thumpin440ex
07-31-2011, 10:36 PM
I also spaced my pro armor skid with washers, finessed it some with a BFH :D

John

tri5ron
07-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
finessed it some with a BFH :D
John
Also commonly known as a "Ford tool" http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Emoticons%20and%20funny%20pics/crackmeup.gif

dxcody
08-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Ok that seems to have solved my problems. Also on my rear caliper, that steel plate (the mounting bracket for the caliper) rubs my rotor.

Not bad but it sqeeks and is very annoying. Its like the left brake pad doesnt stick out for enough.

Got all my motor work done and stuff and now i am having to tinker with all this little crap to try to get it right.

Also Unlucky13... Anybody know anything about this kid? I bought an exhaust off of him that was supposed to be here last week, i am not saying he is trying to rip me off but if i dont get it by tomorrow or wednesday, should i cancell the payment because i havent got it.

01boneless
08-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
Ok that seems to have solved my problems. Also on my rear caliper, that steel plate (the mounting bracket for the caliper) rubs my rotor.

Not bad but it sqeeks and is very annoying. Its like the left brake pad doesnt stick out for enough.

Got all my motor work done and stuff and now i am having to tinker with all this little crap to try to get it right.

Also Unlucky13... Anybody know anything about this kid? I bought an exhaust off of him that was supposed to be here last week, i am not saying he is trying to rip me off but if i dont get it by tomorrow or wednesday, should i cancell the payment because i havent got it.

im not going to bash anyone including unlucky13 but i was just a bout to send him money for a cam and it was a good thing i pmed him befor because he sold it out from under me he said cause i was a day late paypaling him the money and he already put sold on the cam for me ?

dxcody
08-01-2011, 08:05 PM
well the only thing that bugs me is that ever since i sent him the money,

he wont reply to my PM, he wont reply to my email, i dont have a phone number, and i never got a tracking number or anything

so i have no idea whats going on.

I really need that exaust. I think i might just cancell it and buy someone elses on here, but i dont want to look like the bad guy here.

Baileygunns
08-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I was txting unlucky13 earlier this week... He had some medical issues then lost a close friend. He was running a little behind on shipping. I actualy got the cam I bought from him today, hope you get your exhaust soon (I bet he sent the out the same day)

Oh, and Boneless... He didn't sell it out from under you. He gave you ample time to send money then moved on to the next person.