PDA

View Full Version : Quote for multiple parts/projects

R'Fanatic
07-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I am restoring a 92 KX125. I saw you quoted parts for the guy with the 89 below but just wanted to verify cost with you before I shipped.

92 KX 125 parts:
F&R hubs - Kawasaki green
Front and rear rims - Gloss black
Rear spring - kawasaki green
Upper fork bodies - gold
Triple clamps - Gloss black

Blaster/YFZ parts:
Clutch cover - dormant purple
Front hubs - dormant purple

Sandblast cylinder and head (PC clear)
2 Rear master cylinder - bright white
2 Rear Calipers - bright white
Front calipers- bright white
Tripple rate front springs-
Top spring dormant purple, middle black, bottom dormant purple-
3 center cases-
1st set Gloss black
2nd set Dormant purple
3rd set Silvervein

Powerlite Expert 20" BMX frame-
Could you help me narrow down or get something similar to the oem yellow color?

Also two random questions:

Do you know anyone or could you andodize a set of shock bodies for me? If so how much would this cost for satin black looking finish?

Also I've got an aluminum 2 stroke silencer which It is a factory 7, it was used by me when I was a young fella on the blaster. Well it has a dent in it, do you know anyone who could remove the dent from it? There's two dents where the caliper hit it when I bottomed out. Both are about 1/4" inch deep and about between 1.5"s to 2"s in circumference. (or is this a lost cause?)

Thanks, just wanted to get the exact price for these items. Also was curious if you knew who could carry out the last two operations. Got all of it in boxes ready to ship except for the upper front forks, gotta disassemble
them and get the parts to rebuild them.

Luke

Pappy
08-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Are all of the parts stock paint or bare finish now?

I dont know anyone who anodizes offhand, but will do some checking.

I dont know anyone who does dents, although I would think checking out a bike magazine might be helpful. I recall seeing an ad for pipe repair in Dirtrider I believe.

92 KX 125 parts:
F&R hubs - Kawasaki green
Front and rear rims - Gloss black
Rear spring - kawasaki green
Upper fork bodies - gold
Triple clamps - Gloss black

Blaster/YFZ parts:
Clutch cover - dormant purple
Front hubs - dormant purple

Sandblast cylinder and head (PC clear)
2 Rear master cylinder - bright white $10 ea.
2 Rear Calipers - bright white $15 ea.
Front calipers- bright white $15 ea.
Tripple rate front springs- $$50
Top spring dormant purple, middle black, bottom dormant purple-
3 center cases-
1st set Gloss black $45
2nd set Dormant purple $55
3rd set Silvervein $45

Powerlite Expert 20" BMX frame- $125

Could you help me narrow down or get something similar to the oem yellow color? <--I will help get as close as we can. Yellow will require a clear coat

I will help keep the pricing as low as I can for you, so i priced a tad high just incase the items need more work then I am figuring. The Dormant colors arent exactly cheap LOL.

R'Fanatic
08-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.
I've been working on the parts, got the silencer squared away.
The only parts media blasted are the triple rate springs.

I'm going to be sending the KX125 parts first, and fit as much as I can extra in the box. It's been taking me a while to get the time to get much of anything done.
Are dirtbike rims and hubs the same price as ATV hubs/ wheels prices(solid colors)?

I'll PM you and carefully label each part as per requested in the guidelines. Once again thank you sir.

Pappy
08-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Bike rims are mostly the same price. They really boil down to how much prep work is involved. Some rims have to be virtually 100% hand sanded if the chrome isnt nearly new etc.

No rush, I know the feeling of not getting any thing accomplished lately. Got caught up on stripping mostly only to have a power outage last week trip something in the main line ot the house. We arent getting full power from the pole is what they are telling me. If we run the tv and the microwave we trip a breaker...it would be funny if I wasnt actually busy!