PDA

View Full Version : I'm at 8,000ft what now....

inv3ctiv3
07-30-2011, 12:06 AM
So I am up in Mammoth Lakes riding this weekend and my bike is totally stock engine wise and went down to a 142 and it starts up and runs fine but it feels like it has no power when I'm really on it. Is that a lean bog? I have a 140 but nothing bigger.....Would changing the needle position help?

Thanks

DragonGunner
07-30-2011, 05:41 AM
I think thats a rich bog...lean backfires. I was told the higher you go the smaller main jet you need...less air would = richer gas...so I would think if you go smaller jet would be better...or encrease the air flow...take the lid off as you go higher...as you come back down put the lid back on...depends on how dusty it is. Either way as you go from different alltitudes things are going to constantly change....

Also maybe turning the air mixture screw in a little might help also...an lowering your needle as you said....this is my theory...I live at 750'....lol...just trying to help!!!

inv3ctiv3
07-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Yea I live at sea level too.....It starts and idles just fine but it just doesn't seem fast at all up here, going up hills it's gutless.

inv3ctiv3
07-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Took the airbox lid off and seems to run better, I also threw in a 140 main.

DragonGunner
07-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Sounds good!!! Wish I was there riding with ya, sounds great!! Do they have any of the Giant Sequia trees up there? A few yrs. ago I visited Sequia National Park an saw the largest trees in the world....WOW!!!!! Got to get back again sometime, everyone should see these at least once in their life.