PDA

View Full Version : My toe hurts

SpasticR450
07-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Any one ever have an ingrown nail? I did since 15 from to small of DC shoes. Thy just hurt but now this toe went crazy bad now 7 years after. It hurts so bad. A soft blanked was on my floor and i bumped my toe on it and it made it do this... So bad but chicken to have a doc fix it.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/me/6546451127.jpg

motofreak2772
07-30-2011, 12:57 AM
You could have used a smaller picture lol. But yeah.. I've heard of ingrown nails, I didn't think they lasted for years though. Google how to fix it at home and if that doesn't work just go to the Doctors. Your fear can't out way the annoyance of hitting your toe on a blanket and bleeding all over the place.

SpasticR450
07-30-2011, 01:29 AM
my mom said to let it grow and then put a little **** paper under it and that it will lift the nail but idk. My mom n sis are like your going to lose your toe if you dont get it fixed soon lol. I heard if u get them its like a life thing that will keep happning over and over after having fixed. N so nasty getting fixed I watched vids. Its so nasty putting somthing under your nail. We all got a sliver under there b4 and hurts like hell last thing i want is a big metal thing pushing up under there eek, plus needles

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/dum/6546451133.jpg

Tommy Warren
07-30-2011, 03:01 AM
clean your room...that should take your mind off of it...maybe if you shove that nickle back cd under it you'll feel better....is that a dead rabbit in the top right corner?:eek:

CJM
07-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Soak it in hot water and get your self a really sharp exact knife and a pair of really good nail scissors and go to town. Its gonna hurt, dont be a panzy.

That or go to a podiatrist and let them numb it and do the work.

honda400ex2003
07-30-2011, 08:09 AM
bummer! i have a broken big left toe ive been nursing along with other broken stuff for the past 3 weeks. broken collar bone, broken right hand, and a fractured rib. :(

get better soon!
steve

Honda#4
07-30-2011, 08:14 AM
I think you would be better off removing it and starting over, that looks pretty bad:ermm:

I'm sorry I must be still tired but I have to laugh at Tommy's reply, the dead rabbit in the corner is hilarious!:devil:

HondaPohl
07-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Warren you crack me up! Put that Nickel back CD under it. Dude just go to the doctor! Maybe they will hit with some Novacaine and rip that **** off.

SpasticR450
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Ha thats my friends cd and my cat that is not dead :o
Toe got so bad because I tried to fix it my self with a nail clippers which made it just grow in deeper

Aarons 01 400EX
07-30-2011, 09:15 PM
I thought only steers and queers liked Nickelback and I don't see any horns... :D

That looks painful. Go to a Dr. and let them fix it.

CJM
07-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
bummer! i have a broken big left toe ive been nursing along with other broken stuff for the past 3 weeks. broken collar bone, broken right hand, and a fractured rib. :(

get better soon!
steve

wtf happened to you steve? You didnt fall off the quad did you? :eek:

finsteratv
07-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by CJM
wtf happened to you steve? You didnt fall off the quad did you? :eek:
X2

bens250ex
07-31-2011, 08:48 AM
dont be a ***** go to the doc and have it ripped out.....i had teeth ripped out while awake and im sure it cant be any worse than that....

Honda#4
07-31-2011, 11:12 AM
bummer! i have a broken big left toe ive been nursing along with other broken stuff for the past 3 weeks. broken collar bone, broken right hand, and a fractured rib. get better soon! steve

Might as well talk about our little quad adventure Steve;)

honda400ex2003
07-31-2011, 11:26 AM
i did fall off the wheeler. the 400 didnt go over end or anything. i hit a big log/stump and got pitched off of my 400. i have a broken right collar bone, broken right hand, broken left big toe, bruised lung, and a fractured rib.

I was med-flighted in a helicopter to the closest trauma center 2 hours away(by car) with severe cuts to my head since had 3 big ones that were stapled closed, i suffered a severe concussion, and dont remember any of it. i spent 3 days in the trauma center.

I didnt have my helmet on nor any other hard core safety equipment. let it be a lesson for you folks. even riding at home can come back to bite you. ive been riding 20 years and would consider myself one of the safest people i know on any moving vehicle.

that was 4 weeks ago today, im doing pretty well now though and have some great friends like dallas who check on me all the time. he was actually riding with me when it happened and ran to my house to get help and safety people coming. we were test riding the 250r and the 400 since dallas hadnt ridden the r since i had finished restoring it.

steve

quad2xtreme
07-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Go to a podiatrist...not a general doctor. Getting the toe numbed doesn't hurt nowadays. I've had one big toe done by 3 different doctors before a podiatrist did it correctly (short story is I got poor medical attention due to insurance plan - 3 general practitioners wouldn't give me a referral...I finally got a better job with better insurance and went to the expert). Once he removed the side of the toe nail, he used acid to kill part of the root. That part won't grow back and your toe nail will look normal in 6 months. First 3 times they said it will grow back fine. I had way too much root (toenail) for the size of my toe. The podiatrist knew how to fix it no problem.

My other big toe nail was butchered by a regular doctor too and will never look normal again. I've actually been through the process 5 times.

ATV Chic
08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
I've been through this 3 times, twice in the last year, and had to have one big toe COMPLETLY removed and chemically dissolved. Take our advice, definately go to a podiatrist and let them numb your toe and fix it. In the mean time, soak it in warm water and a tablespoon of epsom salt. It will heal it and get rid of the infection. But you still need a podiatrist to fix it correctly. Once you start having issues with it, you always will unless you get it correctly fixed. JMO

ATV Chic
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
i did fall off the wheeler. the 400 didnt go over end or anything. i hit a big log/stump and got pitched off of my 400. i have a broken right collar bone, broken right hand, broken left big toe, bruised lung, and a fractured rib.

I was med-flighted in a helicopter to the closest trauma center 2 hours away(by car) with severe cuts to my head since had 3 big ones that were stapled closed, i suffered a severe concussion, and dont remember any of it. i spent 3 days in the trauma center.

I didnt have my helmet on nor any other hard core safety equipment. let it be a lesson for you folks. even riding at home can come back to bite you. ive been riding 20 years and would consider myself one of the safest people i know on any moving vehicle.

that was 4 weeks ago today, im doing pretty well now though and have some great friends like dallas who check on me all the time. he was actually riding with me when it happened and ran to my house to get help and safety people coming. we were test riding the 250r and the 400 since dallas hadnt ridden the r since i had finished restoring it.

steve

Geez Steve I'm glad you're doing better! God bless man I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

honda400ex2003
08-01-2011, 08:52 PM
thanks for the prayers!

sounds like you are pretty hard core too with toes being dissolved and such :O

steve

bergoff
08-01-2011, 09:03 PM
When I was 8 I ran my big toe through my front sprocket on my bmx bike and I had to have my big toe nail removed. It hurt for a few days but it was good after that. Just get it taken care of and you will be all good.

tjsdaname
08-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Stop being a puss...

I had it in both of my big toes for about year..... one day what happened to you in the first pic happened to me. I got pissed of and ripped both of my toe nails out and never had a problem since..

bergoff
08-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Wow Steve I wish you a speedy recovery.

honda400ex2003
08-01-2011, 09:21 PM
thanks! i am doing well and progressing everyday. im 4 weeks out now from the accident and gain alot of movement everyday.

steve

buck440
08-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by SpasticR450
my mom said to let it grow and then put a little **** paper under it and that it will lift the nail but idk. My mom n sis are like your going to lose your toe if you dont get it fixed soon lol. I heard if u get them its like a life thing that will keep happning over and over after having fixed. N so nasty getting fixed I watched vids. Its so nasty putting somthing under your nail. We all got a sliver under there b4 and hurts like hell last thing i want is a big metal thing pushing up under there eek, plus needles

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/dum/6546451133.jpg

nickel back DOES NOT! deserve to be on the same cd as Lynyrd Skynyrd!

hay my stepdad got to play with nazareth on stage at a show:macho i'll see if i can get some pictures up.

fastredrider44
08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Podiatrist for sure. And that BMX front sprocket story made me cringe.

KAWIRYDER
08-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I cut my own out. Soak it in hot water for a bit and then take a pair of toe nail scissors and cut down the side of your toe nail about an 1/8 in from side of toe. Then take scissor point and slowly lift toe nail up and it will pull up and keep going until it comes out. It does hurt but man up and it will be fine. It sure feels a hell of a lot better when your done. good luck!

SpasticR450
08-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Thats my friends CD. Thats why its on floor.