PDA

View Full Version : X-Games

Pappy
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Did I see right...37 foot on the step up:uhoh: :eek2:

250r rider 88
07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
yes you did, i couldn't believe it either, i think they are maxing out the bikes at that short of a take off, possibly need to extend it for next year, the higher the better right? lol:devil:

HondaPohl
07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Def. Thats insane!

YOURADHERE
07-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Am I wrong in saying I wouldn't be too upset to see Pastrana walk away from the FMX world? It's to the point now where he has too much to risk losing due to injuries. Now due to his leg injury he'll be down for a few months postponing his NASCAR debut(which was supposed to be Saturday) as well as his rally driving. How much money you think was blown to prep cars just for this weekend and now it's all down the drain. I love TP and everything he's done but it might be better to walk away now as opposed to later.

Tommy Warren
07-29-2011, 07:41 AM
tp is literally the luckiest guy in the world. He is one head injury away from being a vegitable and I think he knows it. He is doing absolutly everything he can to make the most of his life while he can. I'm sure he knows it won't last forever. I think FMX is what made him famous and he would rather do that than nascar....but I'm sure he has some contract obligations with redbull to do the FMX.

ATV Chic
07-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
tp is literally the luckiest guy in the world. He is one head injury away from being a vegitable and I think he knows it. He is doing absolutly everything he can to make the most of his life while he can. I'm sure he knows it won't last forever. I think FMX is what made him famous and he would rather do that than nascar....but I'm sure he has some contract obligations with redbull to do the FMX.

Exactly!
I was so glad we didn't buy tix to the nationwide race. We only wanted to go to watch him race. Good thing we waited :p

buck440
07-29-2011, 10:06 PM
i heard he tried a 720, did he try it?

Tommy Warren
07-30-2011, 03:05 AM
he tryed something nuts and shattered his leg

muddy400EX
07-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by buck440
i heard he tried a 720, did he try it?

ya, it was his toilet paper roll thing

madskrillz2
07-31-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't think he'll ever land that to dirt. Seems like just too much momentum. He barely landed it in a mulch pile once so I don't see dirt happening.

300ex_#387
07-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I don't think he'll ever land that to dirt. Seems like just too much momentum. He barely landed it in a mulch pile once so I don't see dirt happening.

I disagree. I bet he will eventually land it to dirt.

HondaPohl
07-31-2011, 07:30 PM
He did the double B after countless tries. He'll get it if he doesnt loose feeling in his legs.

madskrillz2
07-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
He did the double B after countless tries. He'll get it if he doesnt loose feeling in his legs.

He didn't attempt the double as many times as he has this. Plus at least with the double, his momentum is forward and not sideways. That's what makes me doubtful. Just seems like all that momentum going sideways would be just too hard to handle. Then again he IS Travis Pastrana so who knows.

bomberman
08-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Like you said, hes travis pastrana. Dont you think if he didnt think it was possible he would have stopped trying by now? Out of all of us he probably knows the most about this kind of stuff :p

ben300
08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
He didn't attempt the double as many times as he has this. Plus at least with the double, his momentum is forward and not sideways. That's what makes me doubtful. Just seems like all that momentum going sideways would be just too hard to handle. Then again he IS Travis Pastrana so who knows.

if you watch videos when he first tried this trick till now, when he comes out of the last 180 degrees, he is always layed over flat on his side....

if he could rotate in a different direction, he'd be able to possibly land it

if i was Michael Waltrip Racing, id be really jacked

atveric132
08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
They say with age get a cage and thts exactly what travis has done. With his rally car carrer and now going into nascar. The reason he stays with fmx is beacuse its the reason he is who he is. he loves it in his heart and will never stop doing it. maybe within the next few years or so he might go as big or have such big dreams for tricks but he will always have a spot in fmx

madskrillz2
08-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by ben300
if you watch videos when he first tried this trick till now, when he comes out of the last 180 degrees, he is always layed over flat on his side....

if he could rotate in a different direction, he'd be able to possibly land it

if i was Michael Waltrip Racing, id be really jacked

See that's what makes me doubt he'll land it. I've always seen him come down flat. Seems like a "by chance" trick. He'll only land it when he gets lucky.

mjquadracer
08-05-2011, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by YOURADHERE
Am I wrong in saying I wouldn't be too upset to see Pastrana walk away from the FMX world? It's to the point now where he has too much to risk losing due to injuries. Now due to his leg injury he'll be down for a few months postponing his NASCAR debut(which was supposed to be Saturday) as well as his rally driving. How much money you think was blown to prep cars just for this weekend and now it's all down the drain. I love TP and everything he's done but it might be better to walk away now as opposed to later. that was the worst race coverage ive ever seen. The bone head announcers never even said who got second and third place. I waited 10 min before they said who got on the podium. They never even said who placed where. Are the announcers that stupid? there is 8 guys in the final and they only talked about deegan and pastrana, who didnt even finish! I guess espn's golden boy didnt finish so they decide to show him in the wall than two guys going door to door for second! fire those announcers