PDA

View Full Version : Pac n Ride?

OldGuyonaQuad
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
I remember when my brother and I were getting ready for our first ride in the woods and he asked me if I was bringing any protection? He showed me a couple of knives he takes with him. Yea every once in while out west or in some remote mountain area you hear of some hillbilly taking someone hostage but not around these parts. So I didn't give it much thought until recently.

We were riding up in Trevorton this weekend and hooked up with a couple of locals who gave us the chefs tour. More then once the one guy made reference to his gun(s). My buddy looks at me all crossed eyed because I refused to allow him to bring his .25. He has a permit, nobody short of a cop or ex cop in NJ is getting a permit to conceal. so anway then we go riding and come acrossed some of his other buddies and one of them has a freaking holster on riding around like 'Wyatt Earp on a Polaris 800.

Maybe I should reconsider? So I was just curious, how many of you carry (without incriminating yourslef) a weapon when riding?

CJM
07-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Where we live I think its un-needed. Like you said, we couldnt carry legally if we wanted to. In other areas where you might be seeing a bear or other such animal its nice to have.

Is it needed when your out in the middle of nowhere? Hard to say really, you can never know what you will run into sometimes. I think its more of a risk to have than anything. Imagine falling off or wrecking and that gun goes off for whatever reason?

Im a very pro gun person-but carrying one while riding unless in a very remote area doesnt appeal to me much due to safety and other concerns. What are the chances some hill-billy comes after you anyways? This isnt the hills have eyes or texas chainsaw massacre is it?

theduke300
07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
i dont pack a gun or nuttin but i always pack a good knife. but i pack it everywhere haha

madskrillz2
07-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't really see the point in having one on a motocross track.

sunco
07-29-2011, 07:02 AM
This is my weapon:eek2:
This my gun :devil:
This is for fightin
This is for fun

So yes , I always carry my gun - 4 kids later & it still works, cleaning the pipes out as often as I can :devil: :blah: :macho

Old army humor, sorry

slainwarrior
07-29-2011, 09:10 AM
im from nj also and fortunatly have never had this happen to myself.. but ive heard more then once of groups of people from the vineland millville area all riding stolen bikes holding up people trail riding with guns and taking there bikes.. not trying to stereo type people but im sure you guys get the picture.. depends on how many guys there were but id probably wheelie my bike right into the person i love my quad to much to just give it away to some scumbag that lives off of welware and prays on people that worked for what they have

HondaRacing83
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
its hard to carry something in motocross pants with no pockets. a lot of people wear them trail riding, actually.

evan402
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
yeah i always ride with motocross pants so i couldnt carry any weapon even if i wanted to

HondaPohl
07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
I used to ride Trevorton alot! There i some strange locals up there. Deliverence kind of ****. They were always cool tho. Maybe you had a purty face! JK

quad2xtreme
07-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I used to hear about people having quads and bikes stolen riding at Bloody Pond in Baltimore. My wife and I rode there alone hundreds of times and never had an issue with anyone. Maybe just lucky. I tend to think people start lots of rumors.

HondaPohl
07-29-2011, 06:39 PM
I have to agree. I've rode all over PA. Deep Deep woods. Ran into locals all the time and never had a problem.

honda400ex2003
07-29-2011, 08:41 PM
i open carry my 9mm in upper mi when i ride up there in the fall by myself. otherwise i dont carry. i only carry it in case i break down and have to walk or something.

steve

buck440
07-29-2011, 10:02 PM
i do in the camel back... the bladder is gone so i use it for plugs, wrench, phone and glock 30. you can't say there is no need for it because you have no idea if you need it. i'd rather be safe than sorry.

IT'S NOT PARANOIA IF SOMEONE IS OUT TO GET YOU!:)

ridered11
07-29-2011, 11:24 PM
quad2xtreme, thats no rumor about bloody ponds. It used to happen all the time, along with a couple other riding spots in the area. I was actually riding there when someone got their bike stolen at gun point...def. some sketchy sh*t. All the dirt bags from the city come over the county line to steal them then run right back into the city.

250x_kyle
08-07-2011, 09:04 AM
just regular old trail riding no body i know with a lisence to carry does. now when we go out for an evening ride in the side by sides a handful of my dads friends carry as stated before its not uncommon to run into a momma and a few cubs back in the sticks better to be safe then sorry.

Motofool250r
08-19-2011, 07:08 AM
i think it depends on the ride the area and the things around you, I've met some pretty sketchy people over the years. even been shot at while riding before. I've carried when i go way out in the mountains and when I've rode in places i was warned about but if its a safe area with people i know usually won't carry.

Kovatch
08-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Here in ohio we are permitted to have a concealed weapon with the proper license. I would say that 75% of the guys we ride with carries a gun just because we can. That's trail riding. I wouldn't be worried if your buddies are carrying, it isn't you that would be in trouble you "didn't know."

HondaRacing83
08-19-2011, 12:44 PM
if im wearing jeans ill carry my buck knife

finsteratv
08-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
if im wearing jeans ill carry my buck knife
hahah..im not of age to carry but i always have a knife with other stuff in my camelpack. Better not forget meh old red ryder BB gunnnnn :blah:

TheLane
08-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by sunco
This is my weapon:eek2:
This my gun :devil:
This is for fightin
This is for fun

So yes , I always carry my gun - 4 kids later & it still works, cleaning the pipes out as often as I can :devil: :blah: :macho

Old army humor, sorry

i think its rife. not weapon :P

TheLane
08-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
hahah..im not of age to carry but i always have a knife with other stuff in my camelpack. Better not forget meh old red ryder BB gunnnnn :blah:

and holy crap! better hope you dont wreck otherwise you will get a knife through your back.