PDA

View Full Version : FXR 90 help

kyquad
07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
looking for some pros and cons from any one that has any history or information on the FXR 90 quad. Any one racing mx or xc?

chunky0071
07-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Don't have one and haven't raced one but there is one thats races with us in the Mideast and it has yet to finish a 1 hr XC race. Bike was new at her first race. Would buy an Apex or DRR.

kyquad
07-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Do you know what the issues have been with not finishing, motor, clutch , frame,etc?
I have heard some really good things about the newer 125's over the first couple production years, just haven't heard anything on the 90's.

chunky0071
07-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Not sure what problems they are having but I can tell ya the second race we saw it it was smoking bad by the 2nd lap out of 5. Don't get me wrong they have great chassis but the motors need help staying together.

jweidner
07-30-2011, 08:03 AM
I think the FXR 90 is not a bad quad at all. If you are doing hare scramble type racing I think this would be the perfect quad. They make many upgrades for this motor to make it run very well. If you look at the GNCC there are a couple of them that finish in the top 5 every race. Three are a couple articles on them where they compare the Raptor 125 and the FXR 125. 90 and 125 are the same quad.

DDR and Apex run very well, but in my opinion for xc racing they are not the best. I think motorcross is where these quads run well. From my experience DDR don't like getting wet, nor do they run well in mud. I think they can be alot a maintenance in running XC.

4 stroke may not always be they fastest out there, but they make it til the end. I run a raptor 125, and around the 4th lap it will smoke a little bit due to getting hot. I run it on the lean side to produce power and the oil temp gets very hot. Pull the motor apart and everything looks brand new. Doesn't cost me a dime

;)

chunky0071
07-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Not bashing Pitster but we have an 2011 Apex MRX 90 we have 15 races this season so far 5 XC and we have not touched the motor run good oil and good maintenance and they will run strong we have the air box so we don't mind the water ether.

jweidner
07-31-2011, 07:53 AM
I think its all on preference. If you have bad experiences with 4 strokes you will change over to 2 stroke or vise versa. I love 2 strokes, just not a big fan of the apex or DDR design. The new shifter Apex or even the Cobra.. now were talking!!!!

If they would let either of those two quads in our series, I would have one.

PA STATE CHAMP SERIES 2011: TUSKI #99 Youth ATV (Raptor 125)

Thanks,
Precision MotorWorx
Jason :)