PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar Help!!!

trx450Rgncc
07-26-2011, 06:34 PM
i need a set of handlebars with in the next couple of weeks and ive heard some good things about flexx, fourplay, and the pro taper SE's... and i was just wandering if the flexx's were better than the fourplays, and if the pro tapers are even worth the money because they dont use elastomers like fourplay and flexx. so give me some input on how the bars are, and some good bends for GNCC/XC/Harescramble type conditions.

Thanks alot guys

DnB_racing
07-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by trx450Rgncc
i need a set of handlebars with in the next couple of weeks and ive heard some good things about flexx, fourplay, and the pro taper SE's... and i was just wandering if the flexx's were better than the fourplays, and if the pro tapers are even worth the money because they dont use elastomers like fourplay and flexx. so give me some input on how the bars are, and some good bends for GNCC/XC/Harescramble type conditions.

Thanks alot guys I actually hated the flex bars, just seamed strange to me, maybe I didnt give them enough time, as it was on a different quad not mine,

but it felt like I had to hold on tighter and my forearms got tired real quick

my most comforable and reasonably priced is 1 1/8 protaper with quality grips that dont move!

ive never tried the fourplay or precision mounts

im fine with just regular old bars med hieght,,, as long as I have solid grips im happy with just about any standard bar

Lquad71
07-27-2011, 06:35 PM
im really picky about my bars and ive rode three differnt brands. fasst flex, tag and protaper. Protaper ended up being my favorite but the tags that ive rode with in the begining werent a very good bend for me so those arent really able to be judged. When i tried the fasst bars in the same bend that i run right now on my protapers and on multiple other bikes and they wear my foreamrs out alot more, just like the above statement. some people i race with swear by them, but they just arent for me i guess. I prefer my bars to not mush around when im really pushing it. i like feel of protapers being solid.