PDA

View Full Version : fourplay, flexx, or protaper SE???????

trx450Rgncc
07-25-2011, 06:40 PM
so pretty much deciding on what type of bars to get; fourplay, flexx, or protaper SE, and any bends in mind if i were doing gncc or harescrambles. thanks

CJM
07-26-2011, 07:02 PM
I find the handlebars that flex annoy me to a degree b/c Im not used to them. If I was going to do buy a set it would be four play-more $$ but better built imho and WAY more adjustable.

I have protaper SE's right now. They dont bend to easy and I prefer the atv hi bend. Im about 6ft 1in and my bars are slightly slanted down to place myself about midway on the seat and not to far forward.

hilltop_83
07-27-2011, 07:05 PM
im running the pro taper EVO bars CR high bend with the precision clamps and a +2 stem and im 6'2" and it is very comfortable. Im pretty sure im gonna stay with this setup in the future

T@AFP
08-02-2011, 09:22 AM
The Soft Bars are now offered in a Low Profile bend and High profile. Meaning the actual handle bar is 9* lower than the CR High style. It seems to be a more comfortable angle. They are still 12* back.

ALAMX37
08-13-2011, 03:38 PM
For those who have not run a flexx bar for a decent amount of time, your missing out. Its like going from standard travel to long travel there is no comparison. Plus it helps prevent wrist injury.

krause19
08-28-2011, 10:05 PM
i have fasst flexx bars and i love them. i'm also 6'2 and have a +1 stem and 1" riser.

Jim417mx
09-14-2011, 08:08 AM
I ran flexx for 2 years.. Then 4play bars for half a year til they bent and broke. I put my tag bars back on.. And i can ride longer with less arm pump and control the quad much more precise. Vibration and movement causes arm pump. Flexable bars move more then stationary bars. In my OPINION they r a myth and regular bars work better .

joep1219
10-04-2011, 10:24 PM
i have been running the atv four play bars for 3 seasons with no issues. i recently switched to the new low profile bar ends and found them to be even better yet... they have lots of adjustment and are easy to adjust with only an allen wrench. they get my vote for sure!

Colby@C&DRacing
10-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Its like going from standard travel to long travel there is no comparison. Plus it helps prevent wrist injury.

I agree with this comment!!!! We started with the Flexx in 2004 and when the 4play bars came out we switched to those. Really like the progressive movement and maintence is much easier with the grease zerks!!

scotturban
10-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
For those who have not run a flexx bar for a decent amount of time, your missing out. Its like going from standard travel to long travel there is no comparison. Plus it helps prevent wrist injury.

Ive rode with flexx bars before and cant say I really noticed a big difference... Just my opinion