PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

ATVMX33
07-25-2011, 04:08 PM
so last night we were at a fair and me and a buddy saw this one guys truck that has been a idiot to us lately. we took the rebel flag off his back window and then left. this morning i got a call from the police saying that it got keyed really bad and someone saw us at his truck last night...we told everyone the truth but of course everyone thinks we keyed it too..
the police are saying that we will get charges and maybe probabtion but we didnt do it...
we admitted to the stickers and know we are getting a citation in the mail for that but what happens next with the keyed paint? can they charge us with it if they have no proof?
this kid has alot of enemies so im sure someone else keyed it...
the cop is also being a dick about everything....
we talked to the guys dad that owned the truck and he called the cop to say that wed take care of it now but the cop started yelling at his dad and said we werent supposed to talk

CJM
07-25-2011, 04:17 PM
NEVER EVER ADMIT TO ANYTHING! That was your first wrong move!

Heres how to handle this: Admit to what you did, but deny the keying. However at this point your prime suspects b/c A) You admitting to the flag and B) You said you were there and or were seen.

Still, they can only prove so much. Id suggest hiring a lawyer or at least consulting with one. The cops cant do much, its the truck owners word vs yours. They can and will try and intimidate you tho, dont tell them anything else other than (after you speak to a lawyer) "my lawyer has advised me of my 5th amendment rights, I would be happy to come down for questing if you wish-but only with the presence of my lawyer"

10 bucks says as soon as you say that they drop it.

ATVMX33
07-25-2011, 04:19 PM
well the thing is that now i think the truck owners dad believes me but the cop is on a power trip

HondaPohl
07-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Bet you wish you left his truck alone now huh. Like CJM said if there is no evidence of you actually keying the truck there's not much they can do. But it will be up to the judge. And you already admitted to touching the truck. If you go in front of the judge, I suggest lookin and dressin nice. Dont go in wearin emo clothes and all that gay ****. Good luck.

liex21
07-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Let the cop go on his power trip because if you talk it out with the owner and he doesn't press charges then that's it.

quad2xtreme
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Unless there is a lawyer on here from PA, I'd recommend finding one to see what your options at this point in time.

ATVMX33
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
yeah i talked to the owners dad and he seems cool
and im always dressed in a shirt and tie...was today when i was questioned

HondaPohl
07-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Where in PA are you. I Know a couple good lawyers.

Kickstarts-suck
07-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Hope you learned your lesson. Not cool to mess with someones ride.

Fred55
07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
That sucks...probably no real way to show you didn't.....but props to messing with the hillbilly sticker

slightlybent47
07-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Your first mistake was messing with the truck.
Your second mistake was talking.

Cops will lie and tell you all kinds of things in order to get you to say something incriminating. Don’t ever fall for it. Let them rant all they want and don’t even flinch when they say things that really piss you off. They want a reaction from you and will say almost anything to get it.
You should always take responsibility for what you do, but if your being charged with something that you didn’t do; of cores you should fight it.

So now you get to spend some or all of your extra money on a lawyer and spend a lot of time dealing with the justice system. Not so funny now is it?

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

Good luck with it.

Aarons 01 400EX
07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Don't mess with someone else's $h!+!!!

Trx450er94
07-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Should of just blew the whole truck up

ATVMX33
07-26-2011, 04:47 PM
talked to his dad and got everything dropped and figured out:macho

HondaPohl
07-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Congrats!

CJM
07-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Good! Let this be a lesson, dont talk to the cops or a ever incriminate yourself.