PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an Apex on order?

NSTIG8R
07-25-2011, 03:43 PM
?

Christiansdad
07-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Whats the story on them.. Santa Clause was gona order one maybe around that time.

chunky0071
07-28-2011, 06:00 AM
where did you order it from?

john willhoite
07-28-2011, 07:48 AM
I have heard that you can't get them.

dewutfan
07-28-2011, 10:09 AM
The story has been shipping contanier problems and they arent passing customs ... but i got a feeling there is more there then meets the eye like $ problems... trying to get those bigger quads passed by AMA and now they spent to much on that deal.. hope i am wrong but all other brands are coming across the customs just fine...

chunky0071
07-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Apex is not Consumer compliant ! Lead Law.

FISH ON!
07-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes they have a container or two held in customs over the lead law BS. Eventually that could lead to parts and pieces being hard to get until the containers are released. Also being a small company, I'm sure it is not easy to have a bunch of money tied up in a container sitting in customs. I do know the Apex warehouse is full. See the attached pics. I know someone that recently visited Apex to check out the new 250cc and he also stated how they had tons of quads in the warehouse, so it isn't a bunch of BS.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/2011%20Racing/Apex2.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/2011%20Racing/Apex1.jpg

mmsoup
07-28-2011, 06:28 PM
That is exactly what I saw in June when I visited Terri and Greg.

The 250 is the real deal by the way and with 37 HP it would make a Schoolboy/300cc class killer

They have many parts on the shelf and yes they put a ton of money out for the 250's. If 10 people were to step up and buy a 250 this month I strongly suspect they would have the best available machine on the market for the money and perhaps Apex would be in a better place as well. Greg told me the CVT containers were stuck at the port the day I visited so it has been going on a while. So cheers for US customs and our congressional babysitters.

These folks are just a couple of entrepreneurs running a small business and trying to survive in ridiculously difficult economic times. Greg occasionally proves that he needs to let Teri handle the public and they could really benefit from a couple of extremely competent inside sales and marketing people but they are really just like the rest of us. They are trying to field a family race team and figure out a way to pay for it.

I hate to see the little guy struggle.........The big three have abandoned the youth racing scene and the Beckmans are trying to keep it going. Cheers to DRR for hanging in there as well.

Buy the 250 if you have the cash, it will end up being cheaper than building a 300 from scratch and still be faster.

Soapbox parked

Christiansdad
07-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Should be pretty cool to work there uh..make less money but also get a discount of everything..including stage 6 stuff. Living might be about the same except you would always enjoy work

NSTIG8R
07-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Called them on May 18th to check their stock, looking for a 70cc. They checked the warehouse and verified they had one.
Sent them a certified chcek overnight on May 19th, they cashed our check but we never received our unit. The order was cancelled a few days later since it wasn't shipped when promised.
They refuse to refund our full advanced payment. Nothing but lies and excuses everytime we are able to get ahold of them.
Never had trouble before, didn't think they would treat another small business like that.

redonkulousruntsracing
07-29-2011, 07:14 PM
You can thank our government for all of this. The CSPC has seized Apex 's container as of May 4th .3 days after I had a customer pay for a new quad. Since then the government has BSed Greg and Teri everytime they have tried to contact them. Meanwhile, customs has been charging them a storage fee to hold their container. The bill is over $10,000 now. They continued taking orders thru May because they kept getting told that their quads should be released. Soon after that contact with the CSPC broke down. Then the Beckman's hired a lawyer and now the battle is on. Teri is out looking for a job and the boys are working at the shop. Last count I think all but 8 quads in that container were sold. Those quads have already been paid for so our government is not only screwing the Apex folks but also stealing from everyone who pre -ordered a quad. I have lost out on many sales because there aren't any quads available. When I checked with DRR, I was told that they were caught in an EPA problem and they don't have any quads either. I haven't actually verified that. It's what my supplier told me. Plainly put, the people at the CSPC don't want racing quads available to kids. I guess our government knows better for our kids than we do. I have spent hours on the phone with Teri and Greg and it just sucks how our people in power can lie, steal, and take away the livelihood of many businesses struggling to pay the bills in this economy. We continue to hope for the best.

NSTIG8R
07-29-2011, 07:47 PM
I agree it's BS with the CSPC BUT they shouldn't have cashed my check if they didn't have the product. I don't have an extra $3K+ to loan them. I cannot pay my bills now, I told my tax collector the story but they still charged me a penalty and so do my credit card companies.

redonkulousruntsracing
07-29-2011, 08:16 PM
I see what you are saying. I hate to see the guy and his 5 year old at the track every weekend who bought the quad from me. I don't have the 3500 to refund him either until Apex can raise some money to start refunding people. They have no $ coming in from quad sales. Teri has been trying to sell some trikes at their California Customs bike shop so they can refund customers. They are starting to give up hope on getinng their quads. Like I said they were taking orders on quads thru May because they kept getting told that they would have their container in a few days. If they had known that they wouldn't be getting any quads, they wouldn't have taken any orders. Have you tried talking to Teri? She is the one to talk to. We wish you the best of luck, like I said this sucks for all us.

chunky0071
07-30-2011, 05:35 AM
here is the link to contact your local senator. If the new law passes they will have to release these from customs. We really need every one to call on this!

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=52408501&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

dewutfan
08-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Thought you might be intereste in the latest legislation....looks like the mini quads will be excluded - finally - from the CPSIA

Blog: CPSIA - Comments & Observations
Post: CPSIA - Don't Faint . . . Senator Pryor Put Up CPSIA Amendment Today
Link: http://learningresourcesinc.blogspot.com/2011/07/cpsia-dont-faint-senator-pryor-put-up.html

QuadJunkies
08-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by redonkulousruntsracing
I see what you are saying. I hate to see the guy and his 5 year old at the track every weekend who bought the quad from me. I don't have the 3500 to refund him either until Apex can raise some money to start refunding people. They have no $ coming in from quad sales. Teri has been trying to sell some trikes at their California Customs bike shop so they can refund customers. They are starting to give up hope on getinng their quads. Like I said they were taking orders on quads thru May because they kept getting told that they would have their container in a few days. If they had known that they wouldn't be getting any quads, they wouldn't have taken any orders. Have you tried talking to Teri? She is the one to talk to. We wish you the best of luck, like I said this sucks for all us.
Ive known teri and the whole family for a few years now. Teris an awesome women and her boys we just adore! Such good kids!
That 250 is soooo sick! We wished we could have afforded one for my son

Christiansdad
08-03-2011, 07:59 PM
I got a email from ama while ago saying something like that...it came out like a 240 something to 2 vote. So those 2 guys made the dealers of apex pay all that money for nothing..and that's gona probably make the price go up. For a min there I thought we were gona have to switch to dirtbike's and upgrade my insurance.

NSTIG8R
08-04-2011, 07:42 AM
We used to think they were great also, very nice and helpful and have awesome machines.
But when they take our money and make no attempt to repay it especially knowing that they had no quads in stock in the first place I have an issue with it.

They are using my money to pay their bills - interest free - I would love to have that option - now we are getting late fees and other charges related that are hurting my business. I didn't put them in the situation that they are in but they have put me in the situation I am in. They don't answer their phone anymore either (at least not for us).

DRR's made it through.

nastynotchback1
08-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Off the subject Where are DRR and APEX quads made?

chunky0071
08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Taiwan ! And yes both use an A-One LC motor just different porting!

nastynotchback1
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by chunky0071
Taiwan ! And yes both use an A-One LC motor just different porting!

I know what motor they have just thought they may be made in italy

dewutfan
08-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey it looks like the ban just got lifted bill just passed the house and senate.. so finally we can go racing boys.....

dewutfan
08-04-2011, 11:03 AM
ok my mistake not passed yet but passed the house and senate need Obama to sign into law to lift the ban.. Sorry got excited there for a minute lol but a great step in the right direction...

YouthProATVs
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I am not saying i know all..... But I know for a fact that Customs did seize a crate of bikes. Yes they have PLENTY of 85cc & 250cc in stock. however i have the last 90cc 2011 new quads left.

I went to order 10 more and an agent (fbi) informed me of the seizure. He said they were after the cheap chinese bikes and the APEX crate was on the same ship. Greg & Teri are the nicest people i know and alot of hard work took place to get racing to this level. don't think this is a money issue because it is not. DRR has deregulated their bikes to recreational to sneak by. Then you have to add 2k of performance options. Apex has held true to the out of the box performance quad. Apex may have to do the same to make everyone happy but for now we must wait.

nastynotchback1
08-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by YouthProATVs
I am not saying i know all..... But I know for a fact that Customs did seize a crate of bikes. Yes they have PLENTY of 85cc & 250cc in stock. however i have the last 90cc 2011 new quads left.

I went to order 10 more and an agent (fbi) informed me of the seizure. He said they were after the cheap chinese bikes and the APEX crate was on the same ship. Greg & Teri are the nicest people i know and alot of hard work took place to get racing to this level. don't think this is a money issue because it is not. DRR has deregulated their bikes to recreational to sneak by. Then you have to add 2k of performance options. Apex has held true to the out of the box performance quad. Apex may have to do the same to make everyone happy but for now we must wait.

Apex is not a true out of the box race quad.The shocks are like pogo sticks and the a-arms will bend in the blink of an eye.Thats 2000 dollars right there.

chunky0071
08-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Come on now the shocks aren't that bad you have seen them pushed to limit and the upper A-arms just need to be gusseted and they are fine. Besides buy a DRR and you have to buy A arms to get the travel we have stock.

john willhoite
08-12-2011, 06:41 AM
If it's not about money, they should give people their money back.

nastynotchback1
08-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by chunky0071
Come on now the shocks aren't that bad you have seen them pushed to limit and the upper A-arms just need to be gusseted and they are fine. Besides buy a DRR and you have to buy A arms to get the travel we have stock.

The shocks ain't that great either and why do i want to buy a brand new 4-wheeler and the have the stock arms fixed right????

just my thought.

selbygirl
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by john willhoite
If it's not about money, they should give people their money back. x 2

Christiansdad
08-12-2011, 05:02 PM
the only big difference is apex is the nerf bars and rims as far as the race look goes..u put nerfs and the rim option on the drr it would look just about the same..but as far as the mini's...what about cobra ecx..is it a all american made in the US or just slapped together in the US

NSTIG8R
08-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by john willhoite
If it's not about money, they should give people their money back.

STILL WAITING:mad:

selbygirl
08-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by NSTIG8R
STILL WAITING:mad: you should contact the police .if your not local with them contact the fbi . let them look in to it they may still be takeing peapls money . i mean orders. and if you used a credit card some times they can help you get your money back..thats a shame thats like theft by deception

dewutfan
09-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Has anyone heard yet on if they got there containers released and got there quads yet... havent heard anything for a while and was just wondering .....

asadad00
09-25-2011, 08:53 PM
any news?

chunky0071
09-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Spoke to a local shop the other day that had sold 3 unit's and they still have not got them they are also out of apex parts.

john willhoite
10-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Anyone get one? or money back?

NSTIG8R
10-19-2011, 05:41 PM
We still have nothing from them. Got a call a few weeks ago stating they would send us our money back in a few days but never recevied anything.

Filed a claim with the Attorney General but Apex just replied to them that they "processed our money" even though they didn't. Now I have to follow up with more documentation.

redonkulousruntsracing
10-19-2011, 06:51 PM
I see the same people every weekend. 2 families purchased quads in May of this year. It kills me to see their kids struggling to ride a PW 50 cuz that's all they have. I feel like a complete douche knowing that I took thier money and now I can't deliver them their quad. Seeing the kids unhappy is the worst. I offered to let them use my sons 50 on weekends that we weren't racing. I really can't do anything to help them and I totally sux. I have sold so many used quads for other people that it makes me sick. I haven't made a single dollar doing that. Right now I know of a mint 09 70 Apex and another 50one that I could move for the seller as well as 2 90's. I probably missed out on a dozen sales of new machines. That is not putting food on the table.

BradLoomis
10-19-2011, 09:25 PM
I usualy don't chime in here.... but

They haven't missed a WORCS round since it started in Jan. and the four boys have amassed 76 class starts so far at $35.00 a class, fuel, camping, gate fee..... OUCH!

Something souds really amiss here!

I feel sorry for everyone affected by this... but I also can't say that I didn't see it coming. I really hope they make it right with everyone.

NSTIG8R
10-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by redonkulousruntsracing
I see the same people every weekend. 2 families purchased quads in May of this year. It kills me to see their kids struggling to ride a PW 50 cuz that's all they have. I feel like a complete douche knowing that I took thier money and now I can't deliver them their quad. Seeing the kids unhappy is the worst. I offered to let them use my sons 50 on weekends that we weren't racing. I really can't do anything to help them and I totally sux. I have sold so many used quads for other people that it makes me sick. I haven't made a single dollar doing that. Right now I know of a mint 09 70 Apex and another 50one that I could move for the seller as well as 2 90's. I probably missed out on a dozen sales of new machines. That is not putting food on the table.

I know how ya feel, we were able to get ours to switch to DRR but had to come up with the money.

They haven't been returning messages, I've tried all 4 of the businesses that I found under their name.

Christiansdad
10-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Everyone is taking this real well..no one has done anything to get the money back.$3300 might not be a big deal for alot of wealthy folks but for me i would catch them at the worcs or whatever event they race and get me a some quads. What are they going to do..call the cops..its not to hard down here in the south to take a lean out on someone's stuff if money is owed.

greenmachine70
11-11-2011, 05:40 AM
I got this email from Terry last night I guess they have shocks to sell:

***YEAR END CLEARANCE SALE***

***ONLY (10) SETS AVAILABLE***

2010-2011 APEX PRO MXR 50/70/90/100
14.5” Long Travel

ELKA Stage III Shock Kits (includes 2-front 1-rear)
RETAIL $1475
SALE $1075 (+ shipping)

Available for:
50-75 lbs
76-100 lbs
101-125 lbs

Call NOW to order
480-644-1400

NSTIG8R
11-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Good deal on the shocks, did it say how long it takes to get them once you send the payment?

Let me know if anyone orders any, maybe Greg will follow up on his deal with me.

Spoke to Greg on Nov 2nd
Told him I need at least some sort of installment to keep good on some of our bills. Said he would send the agree upon amount that day. It's the 12th and we got another DNF on the payment.

chunky0071
12-06-2011, 09:24 AM
any body got there Apex yet?

Christiansdad
12-07-2011, 11:44 AM
looks like they are out making them again...i check g-force's website and 2012's will be getting sold as kits i guess.

dewutfan
12-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Teri sent out an email that you can buy it tore down and shipped for around $4k that looks like how there gonna have to sell them to get them to you and you put it together... might just work out time will tell if you order it and they really send you the parts to do it lol... i think i would ask for it COD .. just my 2 cents worth..

redonkulousruntsracing
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
They were forced to send the container of quads we all were waiting for back to Taiwan. They are no longer able to sell quads. So as others said, you can order the pieces to build one. If you order a quad likely, it will come in 3-4 crates. The chassis, engine, wheels and tires and accessories. They are trying to come up with a build/order sheet as new quads will be built to order. They are getting parts in Arizona and building the "assemblies" per order. I guess we'll see what happens.

chunky0071
12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Oh don't worry I am not ordering one! Just checking to see if any one was getting quad kits yet. We got the only Apex we will have!

zach R 7x
12-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Anyone care to enlighten us why this all happened and why Apex can't sell complete quads anymore? Are they going to take care of these honest people who spent their hard earned money to buy one of Apex's quads?

Doesn't spell good things for Apex.

NSTIG8R
12-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Probably has something to do with compliance with the CPSC, funtioning headlight, brake/tail light, etc?

We haven't received our money back from them though. For a small family operation, $3,000 + has hurt our inventory level and our ability to keep our website up and running, both have resulted in lower sales for us while they use our money interest free.

COD would be my suggestion too, but they probably won't offer it?

mini
12-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Greg's 250s he got the idea from hybrids at the worcs races , heres a laeger yz250f for sale 5k doesnt get any better than this.

Hetrick Racing
01-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Order them from a real dealer
THE DEALER IS RESPONSIBLE.

If a company takes your money no matter who that company is, they are responsible for paying you back not APEX.

A Honda dealer wont make you call Honda to get your refund

mmsoup
01-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Well Put............

I work for a manufacturer and I have a few dealers that sell our goods who feel they have no responsibility to their customer.

In our business, they make a profit for providing a service. The customer is the retailers customer and the retailer is the customers agent.

Once the retailer takes the money, if they are unwilling to stand behind their sale, I would seriously consider spending my money elsewhere..........

NSTIG8R
01-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Hetrick Racing
Order them from a real dealer
THE DEALER IS RESPONSIBLE.

If a company takes your money no matter who that company is, they are responsible for paying you back not APEX.

A Honda dealer wont make you call Honda to get your refund

????

Hetrick Racing
01-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Whats your question

NSTIG8R
01-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Not sure who your comment was directed to, it didn't seem to apply.

I read back through all of the posts and it doesn't seem like any dealers are refusing to refund anybody's money or refusing to take responsibility (unless a post was removed).

In OUR situation, we had a local customer place a rush order for an Apex 70. We called in advance to make sure they had one in stock and were told that they had Greg check the warehouse and they did have a 70 in stock and it would be shipped the same day our check was rec'd since we were up against a deadline.

Sent them a check overnight expecting to receive it in 3-4 days. When we didn't receive it, we called and were told that the box was marked wrong and it was actually a 50. At that point we asked for a refund of our money as our customer wasn't willing to wait.

We supplied our customer with a new DRR instead a few days later as promised. They were a little disappointed but very satisfied with the end result.

We, the dealer (not sure if we are a REAL DEALER or not?) are the ones who were are trying to get our money back.

To update OUR SITUATION, we have received a check from Apex for the cost of the quad, freight and the overnight shipping fees for the check.

gdr8
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey NSTIG8R your PM box is full.
Tried to send you a messeage.

NSTIG8R
01-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by gdr8
Hey NSTIG8R your PM box is full.
Tried to send you a messeage.

Only had 2, must be an issue there, cleared them out.
try again