PDA

View Full Version : crashed this morning, wasn't fun

D-4our
02-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, i was the first to cresten our newly built step up/double this mornin and the first to eat $hit. I overshot the whole landing by about 10 feet and endoed on an up-hill slope. I got a compression fracture on my right wrist from slamming into the bars as well as cutting my nose on the cross bar. All i can say is that was the highest iv'e ever jumped(about 12-15 feet) and i had plenty of time to think of how much my landing was going to hurt. Oh well, like they say "if you falloff the hosre dust yourself off and try again"except next time im gonna exchange the horse for a pony. lol :devil

tants
02-22-2003, 05:02 PM
OUCH! that musta hurt

D-4our
02-22-2003, 05:05 PM
no just a little:blah

ridered03
02-22-2003, 10:54 PM
I have had somthing like that happed before, that is a bad feeling when your clearing the double but in stead you see the landing pass under you then you smack the ground sooo hard!!!

CowsBitePeople
02-22-2003, 11:13 PM
I did something like that i over shot a jump hit a stupm broke my visor on my bars and broke my speedometer off, then slid onto a lake frozen over with ice....sat there for about a mineut then picked up my head and fell through the ice on my quad....the water was only about 2 ft deep but it was cold as he!!....

MaTT....

newjacksm
02-22-2003, 11:14 PM
ouch

TC17
02-22-2003, 11:17 PM
the quad ok?

hessianmx111
02-22-2003, 11:27 PM
crashed this morning, wasnt fun
really ive found that all of my crashes were more fun then staying upright.infact this is the first ive heard of this un-fun crashing

Nausty
02-23-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
really ive found that all of my crashes were more fun then staying upright.infact this is the first ive heard of this un-fun crashing

just wait tell you get to the skill level of 80ft jumps and 4th gear crashes where you get the wind knocked out of you, you hurt your back and you can't move and your laying on the ground woundering if your gonna get feeling again of your lower body, oh and don't forget exhaust burns, getting ran over by other quads and your own for that matter, oh and I can't forget the time I got impaled into the ground by my own quad head first. This is coming from a person who has had a skin graph, well over a hundred stitches, a broken clavical, 2 broken helmets and a few concussions all due to crashes. I also consider myself pretty lucky.

hessianmx111
02-23-2003, 10:20 AM
dude its called being sarcastic

BaD_250ex
02-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Youve only have a few concusions due to crashes!! Ive had about 10 to many concusions, but only 6 due to atving, 2 due to FOOTBALL (The greatest sport in the world, besides moto), and the last 2 doing Jackass stuff.

Live2Ride300
02-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Ouch, crashing sux. That feeling when ur in the air and you know that ur gonna land and eat ****t, I that feeling. I was hitting this jump the other day and the lip was pretty crooked from a snowmobile hitting it and I hit the jump a lil crooked to begin with and I got in the air and was all crooked and I landed on the two left wheels and I tried jumping off , my right leg came over the left part of the quad and got sucked under my left rear wheel and the side of my knee got slammed into footpeg then my whole leg got twisted up in the tire and axle and frame and I got dragged for like 10 feet. The footpeg ripped right through my riding pants and just barely missed my knee guard and slammed into the side of my knee and bruised it pretty bad. It still fkn hurts but its alot better now.

HondaRancherES
02-24-2003, 09:49 AM
I agree that crashing sucks but it comes with riding. Glad you're ok though

Live2Ride300
02-24-2003, 10:06 AM
Ya, you cant be afraid of crashing. You cant live your life in fear

speedy400
02-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Thats why atving is so much fun, it takes skill, not just weight and strength like some sports(I'm not trying to diss sports like that, I play them they're fun.). And your right we all life in fear, but thats why I go faster:p :D

carrot_top31
03-20-2003, 10:55 AM
i done the xact thing before on a Kawasaki 160 and i broke my back and my neck now i am stuck in a wheel chair and i am retarted. please send donations to GOOD WILL for me (thats my favorite name brand)