PDA

View Full Version : TRX450r CARB PROBLEMS!! bout to throw it away!!! HELP!!

brad_0_trax
07-25-2011, 12:16 AM
ok i have 05 trx450. slip on race pipe and k&n filter lid ON. 48p i think and 118M and yes i know i need to go bigger on main but ill do that later.. thats not my problem right now.. that dont control how much gas flows out the overflow.. One day i went ridding..rode great.. then started running like crap after a few hrs..it was fuel starvation. effed up gas tank grommets taking petcock off cause that was the problem. well.. bought good used tank.. didnt want to wait at all to ride so i cleaned the living hell out of the petcock and took little filter off.. BUT I WASHED NEW TANK THOUROUGHLY WITH LIKE 61,646,545$ worth of gas just to be sure it was ready to go... well ok got all back together ran like brand new.. once again after few hours.. ran like crap again even worse.. idle to half throttle it runs like brand new. half to full dies.. well i cleaned carb again even though it was already clean.... thats weird to me.. well once again back together running like new.. few more hours of riding just doin whatever.. me and my friends stopped to take a break.. they all cut theirs off and mines still runnin.. bum bum bum bum and dies on its own... then gas pours out of over flow like niagra falls!.. well cut the gas off and say ****... back home CLEANED IT AGAIN!! INSPECTED FLOAT, GOOD! ALL BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!!! as soon as gas hits carb.. pours out like water falls! wont even try to start.. wont even back fire when i flood it out.. im talkin DEAD!!!
and its really makin me wanna torch the whole 4wheeler.. cood it be just a tiny piece of trash sittin on the seat perminately? like a little dab of gunk or rust thats barely visible? or if its the float or needle how can i replace the seat the needle slides into with the float.. dont look like to me it can be done without screwing it up or just buyin another damn carb....
OR... do u think since i took that petcock filter off there is jus so much gas flowing in like pressure wise that it just cant close it off good enough to withstand it and it just keeps flowing constantly????????? please help guys!! and i need to know asap...

Speed37
07-25-2011, 03:48 PM
could be some dirt at the bottom of your bowl? Dry-rotted fuel line? clogged fuel filter? I dont know if you tried thoes soulitions but its a try? Sorry if im no help.

brad_0_trax
07-25-2011, 04:59 PM
new line, cleaned one more time and soaked in cleaner for all night. still nothing

Speed37
07-25-2011, 05:15 PM
turn down the fuel on your tank?