PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!

trx400exrider14
07-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I have been waiting for a race for months,i mean literally,months. Had carburetor problems but i was gonna try it anyways. Well evidentally my chain wants to be an ******* and be to stretched,cant adjust it. But my carburetor i have a couple questions. We got it running again because the float bowl was stickin and we cleaned it out. I think i put the pilot in wrong because it barely idles,and when i push the gas in just a tad bit i cant hold it or it dies,it has to be pushed in quiet a bit to run it. Do you guys think it is the pilot?

01boneless
07-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by trx400exrider14
I have been waiting for a race for months,i mean literally,months. Had carburetor problems but i was gonna try it anyways. Well evidentally my chain wants to be an ******* and be to stretched,cant adjust it. But my carburetor i have a couple questions. We got it running again because the float bowl was stickin and we cleaned it out. I think i put the pilot in wrong because it barely idles,and when i push the gas in just a tad bit i cant hold it or it dies,it has to be pushed in quiet a bit to run it. Do you guys think it is the pilot?

last i check there is no whay you can instal the piliot wrong but i may be wrong lol i know its stupid but are you out of gas cause i done all this on my ex a while back put it on reserve and it started even if you see gas in there it still may no be enough justa thought though.

trx400exrider14
07-24-2011, 10:36 PM
You cant put it too tight? I might have the a/f screw turned wrong. Not sure

01boneless
07-24-2011, 10:45 PM
no it dosent matter how tight it is but the a/f screw could easly be out of adjustment

trx400exrider14
07-24-2011, 11:21 PM
I think its letting too much gas get in before i open it up enough which is bogging it down. I might be wrong. Ill go out later and mess with it.

dxcody
07-25-2011, 12:16 PM
i know its a pain, but just "tinker" with the A/F until you get it right, jetting is a pain but i would rather have a Mechanical piece that 4sure always moves properly rather than electric crap lol

Oh did you remember to reinstall that little plastic piece that sets under the float?? it will cause it to bog if thats not in.

trx400exrider14
07-25-2011, 12:37 PM
That goes up in the hole?

dxcody
07-25-2011, 12:48 PM
it is a little round piece with 3 prongs and sets on top of the main jet port, it hold the float up from sinking too far down.

http://www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/HONDA/2000/TRX400EX/CARBURETOR

its number 25 down at the bottom of the picture.

trx400exrider14
07-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Is it a clear piece?

dxcody
07-25-2011, 12:52 PM
it is the same color as the float

dxcody
07-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Click on members at the top and look up tri5ron, or CJM they could help you more than i can. I am far from an expert. I just have had many carb troubles. i ended up just buying a new carb.

There is also a sticky (when you first click on 400ex section that has the jetting specs for stock/slip on/full exhaust at certain elevations.