PDA

View Full Version : what the heck could be wrong ?

quadgod440ex
02-22-2003, 04:35 PM
ii have a 02 400ex ....bought it around november...i wanted to strip everything and get the frame powdercoated...well i stripped the hole front end electrics everything excep the motor and the swingarm.....as i go to take the swingarm bolt out IT WONT MOVE! not the sligtest bit and yes i no im going the right way im not that dumb....it wont budge at all i used an air gun which moved it and the nut is off but the actual bolt with not come out ive hit it with a happen for probley and hour straight didnt move the slightest little bit....air gun didnt move it at all either the air gun makes it move freely but the bolt wot actually come out and i need to get that out to get the motor out WHAT could this be?? any way anyone could help me out on getting it out ?? any sugestions thanks guys

luvmyex
02-22-2003, 04:41 PM
If you can get a wrench behind the bolt head do that and use the air wrench to spin it at the same time your pulling on the other wrench.

quadgod440ex
02-22-2003, 04:44 PM
ive tried didnt budge thanks tho

02-22-2003, 05:31 PM
good luck it can be a real pain

RED121572
02-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Remove the nut. With a ratchet, turn the bolt. Spray a boat load of WD-40 all over the spacers, turn the bolt again...repeat about a dozen times. Take a hammer and a flat head screw driver and tap it out. (dont mash the threads)

Hope this helps.

EvilJester400EX
02-22-2003, 06:26 PM
if none of that works.. you gotta cut it out cause it's seized in there.
good luck to ya

Guy400
02-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Sure wish Honda would've used a stainless steel bolt....

I've heard of guys having to cut the bolt to get it out (Rico). Other people I've heard of them standing the quad up on it's side and smacking the bolt with a sledge hammer to get it out. Keep soaking it with WD-40 every couple of hours and let it sit overnight. Go out in the morning with a renewed sense of confidence and go at it again:D The most important tool for this job is patience, I hope you have it!