PDA

View Full Version : 400ex stock ball joints

mx8
07-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Has anyone ever cut off there old ball joints . And replaced them with laeger or some other type of after market ball joint. If so how did it work. Thanks

dxcody
07-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Never done it but i am sure it can be done because alot of guys has had thier stock A-Arms powdercoated and that rubber boot would melt right off if they didnt cut them out first.

If you have a decent relationship with your local atv shop take them in their and let them look at them.

they could tell you more probably. I thought about doing this also because i wanted mine powdercoated.

matts27
07-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I measured the stem taper, length, ball joint itself and searched the internet. They're press in which is easy to replace but couldn't find anyone who manufactured the stem size for the ball joint. The seat or receiver of the ball joint I found but the stem size was way off. If you search and find 'em I'm sure everyone on here would want the info too. I was unsuccessful in my search. Worth a shot again I guess. Good luck, Matt

honda400ex2003
07-25-2011, 06:34 PM
it might be worth checking out the ball joints from the honda 4x4 arms. rincon, rancher, possibly others could work. just food for thought,
steve