PDA

View Full Version : Repacking exhaust

bencasey217
07-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm repacking my exhaust, it's been 40 hours or so. I'm wondering if any brand of packing will work for my Sparks Exhaust? I really don't want to have to spend $25 on Spark repacking when I can get tusk repacking for $7 or $14

Honda.rider5871
07-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Im not positive but im pretty sure you could use any packing you want its not like for example white brothers makes their own packing , so you would have to use another brand. I dont see the difference between the 2 besides pricing .

honda400ex2003
07-24-2011, 05:01 PM
any 4 stroke packing will work, but with packing you get what pay for imo. i use moose that seems to be middle of the road and it still isnt anywhere near what it was the first time around. measure yoru can and get the proper size and you will be good to go.

steve

crownandmonster
07-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Use Steel wool! It works the exact same as regular fiberglass packing does, but it will last much longer. Just make sure you wrap it tight around the core and use some high temp tape to make sure it stays tight. I've seen some pro racers do it before and I bought a magnaflow muffler for my truck and thats what it comes with from the factory.