PDA

View Full Version : MA Residents

exrider12
07-23-2011, 11:55 AM
What can I do to my exhaust system but still be able to pass emissions? Im doing a cat back and want to do a highflow cat too. Will I still be able to pass with the high flow cat?

SpasticR450
07-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Well one way is to buy a cut out with a manual or elec butter fly valve. Go from high flow loud to quiet in a sec.

Or just hook up the stock cat when needs to be inspected. I would just put a test pipe in place of the cat and then put the cat on when needed for inspection. But im not sure how that stuff works cause in WI we dont have emission laws.

88redrocket
07-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Mass exhaust laws are horrible. If its not stock, its not legal. So nevermind emissions, you probably wont even pass the saftey part of the inspection if your exhaust is aftermarket

No person shall operate a motor vehicle on any way which motor vehicle is equipped (1) with a muffler from which the baffle plates, screens or other original internalparts have been removed and not replaced; or (2) with an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust

SpasticR450
07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 88redrocket
Mass exhaust laws are horrible. If its not stock, its not legal. So nevermind emissions, you probably wont even pass the saftey part of the inspection if your exhaust is aftermarket

No person shall operate a motor vehicle on any way which motor vehicle is equipped (1) with a muffler from which the baffle plates, screens or other original internalparts have been removed and not replaced; or (2) with an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust

In WI we dont have emissions but you can't mod the exhaust in any way eather. Many states have a 95-96db limit. but not here here it needs to be stock. Of corse me and many people dont run stock I have straight pipe with a factory looking ebay muffler to trick cops lol.

In city in WI it needs to be 80 somthing dbs or less here. Damn most cars are louder than that.