PDA

View Full Version : Jetting, how does this look?

Doug10
07-22-2011, 07:12 AM
New to the 2stroke jetting but this is where im at when i kill jr's polaris after a top speed run. I just took a stab at the jetting based on the great info you guys post on here.

Doug10
07-22-2011, 07:12 AM
dont mind the black spot, thats from a small piece of soot in the cylinder after i changed pipes.

2003 Scrambler 50cc
has malossi MHR head on it
Stock cylinder with porting
DRR 50 pipe with koso silencer
16mm mikuni jetting with 105main, 22.5 pilot and needle 1 clip up from being as rich as the needle goes. Air screw at 1 turn but i have not even tweaked that yet. Sound kinda close?

Doug

EthansDad
07-22-2011, 10:50 AM
you get the same problem I do when I try to photo a plug, the damn camera focus on my hands!

yea, it looks good. it really is hard to screw things up too bad with that 16mm carb, its bullet proof. If it was mine, I might lean it up just a tad on the main, but only on race day.

you might also try to go up in carb to say a 20mm with that setup. I think you'll like the results - that 16mm is very small for the type of flow a MHR top end and DRR 90cc pipe is trying to move. you say you have the 50 pipe - put is it a one piece pipe, or two piece? not counting the silencer -just the pipe. the true (old style) 50 pipe is one piece. if you really have the old style 50cc pipe, then might stick with the 16mm.

nitrofish
07-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Color looks good for all around riding, as EA said more power to be found a touch leaner. What heat range (the number) is your plug?

Doug10
07-22-2011, 04:10 PM
The plug is an 8 I believe. B6HS is the NGK plug and the fuel is 110 with Amsoil Dominator 50:1 premixed. The pipe is a 1 piece pipe. We are only able to run outlaw races with this setup since it has aftermarket a-arms and all. I am not putting much money into this because junior will be getting a spankin new apex or drr next season to be "Legal" for sanctioned races in the stock class.

Doug