PDA

View Full Version : Laeger A-Arm Bolts... Bushings?

stever250r
07-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Am I going crazy, or are the steel pivot collars in Laeger A-Arms too small to use the 10mm OEM bolt? The A-Arm Mount tabs on my Laeger frame are 10mm holes, but the collars for the A-arms are too small for the bolt...

Has anyone else had this problem? Did someone install the wrong bushings in my A-Arms or did Laeger use a smaller bolt? If they did use a smaller bolt, and I buy the bolts to match the A-arm bushings, it will be too smalle for the Mount Tabs on the Frame..

I wonder which is the better option... Buy the bolts to fit the bushings, or drill out the steel collars to fit the 10mm OEM bolt?

Any opinions?

stever250r
07-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Guess I should have googled it before posting.... I found the answer... Sorry if this has been asked before....

Quote Below...

"I just recently went through the same issue with my Leager a-arms! The steel sleeves were too small to fit OEM bolts. They came with after market bolts but i wanted to use OEM. The steel sleeves were .016 (.4mm) too small. I used a 25/64 drill bit and it did the trick (bolt was 9.75-9.8mm, drill bit was 9.9mm). They will work for now, but i will probably look into a better option down the road. " TLR-Online"

Langbolt
07-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey Steve250R,

You're not goin' Crazy....

I had a similar Issue with My Laeger Narrow Frame & Pro-Trax front end.

They made the A-Arm tabs & Sleeves for UNF 3/8-24" (Imperial Standard) bolts.....NOT METRIC

I had metric sleeves in the A-Arms and I bought a second set of A-arms (wanted wider width....not just so i'd get the correct sleeves....that'd be CRAZY! ) and they came with the correct sleeves.

:devil:

hontrx265r
07-22-2011, 09:23 AM
I always thought that was odd.. If you put one of those standard front ends on any of the non laeger frames they have quite a bit of play. I had also considered switching mine because I wanted metric, but I don't want to drill my laeger frame out, and the fit is nice so american it is...

stever250r
07-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Someone must have already drilled my Laeger Frame out because the OEM 10mm bolts fit through the Frame Mount Tabs perfect...

If I were to buy the standard 3/8 Laeger Mount bolts there would now be slop... So I guess my only option here is to drill out the steel sleeves for the A-arms, or buy a new set of metric A-arm bushings and sleeves....

I think I will try to drill the sleeves I have, using the 25/64 bit that TLR-Online used...

croat1
07-22-2011, 09:59 AM
steve:
my new laeger frames use the 10mm bolt. the frame tab thru hole fit is perfect for the oem bolts

joe