PDA

View Full Version : electrical help

450rdr424
07-21-2011, 08:41 PM
so i went out to start my quad tonight turn the key and nothing, no nuetral light, no temp light (which is always on fan hot wired) battery is charged quad will turn over by jumping the solonoid but no spark. checked and cleaned the fuses all good, still nothing, so did my key switch take a crap on me or was it some other part like the cdi? any help would be appreciated

DnB_racing
07-22-2011, 02:46 AM
turn key on and check to make sure you have voltage to the black, it should be at least 13.5 volts... if you have no power to the black but do have power to the red then the key switch is bad...

I guarantee by your description that its not the cdi,
the dash lights are before the cdi in the circuit, more then likely its either a bad fuse, a bad key switch, or the connector for the key is unplugged ... these items are the only thing before the dash lites

unplug the key switch and make sure you have power to the red wire ....
this will eliminate the fuse and connector, then with a multi meter check for continuity between the red and black with key on, this will eliminate the key switch

if all these check out then we have more checks to make

DnB_racing
07-22-2011, 03:09 AM
this pic shows the neutral light circuit, if it falls to illuminate while the quad is in neutral and key on .... there is only 3 possible items that could be faulty

450rdr424
07-22-2011, 05:38 AM
thanks i will check that tonight when i get home, almost didnt come to work to work on it........

450rdr424
07-25-2011, 07:47 AM
i found a broken wire from the fuse to the main wiring harness thanks for the wiring diagram