PDA

View Full Version : intake wash cap

hilltop_83
07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
I did a search and didnt have much luck, but any ways what does everybody use to cap off their intake when washing? i am tired of using duct tape and electrical tape and want something faster and easier. I remeber awhile back walsh made one but i couldn't find it back. any suggestions would be great.

TCracin440ex
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
air box lid

mx Eli
07-21-2011, 01:55 PM
i think he's saying he doesnt have an air boc and wants somthing to cover up the just intake tube wear the filter usually is.

try to find some sort of plastic container cap the fits it, otherwise take a gallon baggie out it over the intake and use the hose clamp of the filter to clamp the bag on

Stiles86
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
home depot man.... you can make one for like 10$$

mxrcr103
07-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I went to lowes and bought what is some sort of a water cap off. Atleast thats what I am guessing it is! They had afew different sizes to pick from and this one fit perfect. It is red plastic with an expandable rubber surround. You simply turn a wingnut and it adjust itself roughly a half an inch so installing it to make a water tight seal is very simple. I have used a few different things but this is byfar the best. Just take a measurement of your intake and head to your local plumbing supply.

exrider4life
07-21-2011, 04:43 PM
a shower cap and a rubber band?

robinson446
07-21-2011, 06:56 PM
find out what size it is ,go to lowes and buy drain plug that has wingnut on it that will fit the hole with the rubber and tighten down wingnut , and it will tighten up in hole , problem salved , wash away

KEVIN132
07-21-2011, 10:11 PM
yes at the depot tell guy ur lookking for rubber cap to plug pvc.. think its 3".... comes with pipe clamp as well ..:)

Kovatch
07-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Go into the plumbing section Home Depot, Lowe's, or a local plumbing supply house.

Take a tape measure and check just to be sure. I know on the Yamaha with Pro Design/K&N intake you need a 4" Rubber cap. Honda's are different. I'd say to use a cap over a plug. I never liked the plugs when I was a plumber as it seems you can get a better seal with a cap. Either way, they both work.

it will look similar to this:

http://www.homebuilderwholesale.com/JCAP4-JIM-CAP.html

hilltop_83
07-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Kovatch that is exactly what i was looking for. didn't evem think of going to lowe's. thank you